2004 - 2008 F-150

"click" when I turn my steering wheel.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"click" when I turn my steering wheel.

About 1 month ago the town I live in had a pretty good flood. The parking lot where I work was filled with water, probably 1-2' of water. I drove out really slow had no issues with the water till I was half way home I noticed a "click" when I turned my steering wheel left or right of center. Worried me at the time but I didnt have far to go. The next day I went for another drive to try and figure out what could have caused it, or what it was. The clicking was gone. Have not heard/felt it since. Today I took a drive to my parents house in the rain and on the way home again the click is back. So im thinking its got something to do with water obviously but Im wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, or if its something more I shoud be worried about? Any help would be appreciated. It might be nothing but if its something I need to be worried about Id like to get it fixed. Thanks guys! Oh yeah, I have a 2004 f-140 FX4 Super Crew 5.4 3V with 94,000 miles on it.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tie rod ends? This guy is selling a BN set for a good price:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/pa...-rod-ends.html

With 94kmi, even if you replace them and it doesn't fix the click, it was money well spent. Could also be a ball joint(s) or maybe water in the rack? You could always have a buddy turn the wheel when parked and crawl under there to see where it is coming from.

Quick Reply: "click" when I turn my steering wheel.