2004 - 2008 F-150

How to: 04-08 OEM headlights FX-R Projector HID retrofit.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 02:27 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HunterFL772
To the OP- I tried doing the same setup, but couldnt get the shrouds to sit right. I tried to grind some off the front of the shroud but I messed up and have had to reorder.

Can you elaborate more on how you got the shrouds to fit back in there? Are the only cutouts on the bottom?
I'm guessing you got it all figured out by now. But for anyone else the projector in my write up was a FX-R 1.0. As of today the current FX-R projector is a FX-R 3.0. The 3.0 has a bigger body so the Gatling shroud if used will be different then the way it was cut in the how to.

I guess this how to is somewhat outdated now but the procedure will be the same just adapt it to fit the current projectors and shrouds.

I took some time off from the site as I got busy with life. I'm back and I just finished reading this thread again. It brought back a bunch of good memories of great people and fun times.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by powerz69
I'm guessing you got it all figured out by now. But for anyone else the projector in my write up was a FX-R 1.0. As of today the current FX-R projector is a FX-R 3.0. The 3.0 has a bigger body so the Gatling shroud if used will be different then the way it was cut in the how to.

I guess this how to is somewhat outdated now but the procedure will be the same just adapt it to fit the current projectors and shrouds.

I took some time off from the site as I got busy with life. I'm back and I just finished reading this thread again. It brought back a bunch of good memories of great people and fun times.
Welcome back buddy. Sure do remember and appreciate all the help you gave me retrofitting my first set with 1.1's. Still have them boxed up, but now I have a new set with 3.0's and already thinking of doing a third .

Great to see you around again

Old 12-06-2014, 10:07 AM
I printed the op off yesterday (don't tell my boss) to reference while I do mine. im just waiting for my new headlight assemblies to get here!!!

Ryan.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:19 PM
Question on stock shroud.

Hey there. Your post has been helpful. One question
How the heck do you remove the stock shroud from the housing? I tried prying out on the small tabs and backing the alignment screw out. Just can't seem to get them to come off. Any tips be helpful! Thanks. -Brian

Quick Reply: How to: 04-08 OEM headlights FX-R Projector HID retrofit.