2004 - 2008 F-150

A/C Not cold unless moving

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MedicF150
I also have a bad fan clutch. I took my truck to have the A/C looked t and the guy told me that I need to fix my fan clutch first. He was able to hold the fan with his bare hands. He says under normal circumstances , it would rip his hand off.
Ive been researching the E fans for the past 2 days and it seems that there are no kits / solutions for the efan controllers as of now. Some guys save FAL, others say MarkVIII, others say 2010 F150, in the end, theres a huge mixed review on all these setups. I think im going to the ford dealer tomorrow and going OE until a better kit is designed for the Efans .
You need to do some more research. a LOT more research.

MANY members are running e-fans in several varieties with ZERO issues. For years.

It's called freedom of choice - there are many solutions - both off the shelf ( troyer, FAL, etc) or custom-assembled from varoious components - fans from SPAL, Derale, Mark VIII, 2010 F150, etc, and controllers from DCControls (the best, and my favourite), SPAL PWM-V3 1st runner-up), FAL, MAD Enterprises, etc.

It's all about the installation. Most horror stories (apart from the ones involving certain controller failures) are the result of poor install practices, poor quality components, and users who attempt this without the attendant minimal ability requirement.

My main advice - refrain from selecting parts based upon price - e.g. the inumerable cheapo eBay knockoffs - those are crap. Completely overrated quality and CFM.

100% certain - a good, properly rated efan installation WILL completely solve y'alls A/C cooling-at-idle issues ...

Here's a real good read if you haven't already seen it: https://www.f150online.com/forums/to...ghlight=towing

Good luck. Advanced Search feature ( or Google) is yer friend. Absolutely every facet of correct efan selection and installation and config is in the archive on here.

MGD

Old 08-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if the a/c system on our 04-08 trucks uses a fixed or variable orifice?

Old 08-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by brownchristian
I have a remote start on my truck and the sole reason I got it was to cool down or heat up my truck before I got in it. Problem is that my A/C doesn't blow cold air until I am moving. Buddy of mine told me it has something to do with the head pressure in the a/c system getting to high and that until i start moving and the pressure drops the a/c won't blow cold. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
Which climate control system do you have?
Manual dial type....
Or
Electronic button type with auto control...

Last edited by 88racing; 08-27-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I wanted to say thanks for this post, I needed a fan clutch and the new one made a big difference. BTW if anyone is looking to do this dont go to Autozone, there Chinese fan clutch is wrong for our trucks. Napa`s clutch worked great. Also if you use a Cresent wrench you need the 15", 12" was a hair to small.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I also went ahead and changed out my fan clutch, I went with the Ford original part just to play it safe. The A/C is not something I want to be playing with here in S. Florida.
Although I felt a slight improvement, I believe that this cant possibly be working to its max capacity.
I just think that if these trucks were sold from day one with these A/C's working this poorly, The Service dept. Line would wrap around the country twice.
Now that I fixed the fan clutch, Im going to have the freon inspected again.
Any ideas ??

Old 09-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I have a fan and clutch if any of y'all need to buy one I removed mine to install efans make an offer its for a 5.4 3v

Old 07-20-2014, 07:50 PM
06 ford f150

my 06 ford f150 blows cold air but only when outside temperature is below 70, whenever temperature goes above 70 my compressor wont kick in and only blows warm air.....any advices????

Old 09-04-2014, 12:05 AM
clutch fan

Originally Posted by bankrpt
I have a fan and clutch if any of y'all need to buy one I removed mine to install efans make an offer its for a 5.4 3v
I'd like to know how much you want for your clutch fan assembly? I think I need to replace mines. Let me know, maybe we can work out a deal.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Glaffer
I'd like to know how much you want for your clutch fan assembly? I think I need to replace mines. Let me know, maybe we can work out a deal.
That post is 4 years old

Old 09-09-2014, 11:49 AM
good thing you made this thread cuz my AC takes a good 5-10minutes on recirculation power level 3-4 to get the cab cold in 90degree weather.... This isnt normal right?

Quick Reply: A/C Not cold unless moving