2004 - 2008 F-150

Official what did you do to your truck today thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hit the trails this weekend with another member from this forum for the first time...

Old 01-06-2014, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by bnkrupt
Went out and showed another member from this site some trails.
Originally Posted by Vito89
Hit the trails this weekend with another member from this forum for the first time...
looks like you had a good time!

Last edited by Big B's FX4; 01-06-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you guys had fun!

Old 01-06-2014, 06:26 PM
I had a great time muddin ... I think the truck looks good dirty

Old 01-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Big B's FX4
My rear badge was looking like garbage so I took it off. I was planning to strip it down and paint it to match the rest of my badges. After spending about an hour on it and getting nowhere as far as removing the rest of the paint I gave up. I started searching for a new badge and came across this for less then a new badge costs. We'll see how long it lasts but I think it's neat.

Reese Logo Light Part Number 86094
Drive Lights

Brake Lights
Those look bad ***, where did you find them?

Old 01-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by cowboyup324
Those look bad ***, where did you find them?
I ordered my first one from Amazon but had to send it back. It had a big a scratch on the front. While I was waiting I found one at AutoZone so I just took my money back from Amazon. Install wasn't too difficult. I spliced in to my trailer lights hook ups.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:21 PM
I had a great time muddin ... I think the truck looks good dirty
I think they usually look better with at least some dirt on them! Either that or freshley waxed!

Old 01-07-2014, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Big B's FX4
I think they usually look better with at least some dirt on them! Either that or freshley waxed!
Agreed 100%

Old 01-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Cleaned up and rearranged my garage so I could fit the new truck inside

Old 01-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Inistalled the AirRAID cold air tube. I know a larger surface area round filter would give more air, but considering the cost (Free Christmas gift) I am loving it. Took it for a short drive (tranny still leaking). Throttle response is notably better, about the same as I got form the previously failed Gotts mod...

Old 01-11-2014, 11:59 PM
I should mention, the install of the intake tube differed from AirRAID's recommendation. They provided a new 10mm bolt, washer, and lock washer, which doesn't make any sense as the stock bolt is still good for the mount bracket. I reused the stock bolt to keep my sanity, and consistent fasteners in the truck where I can.

Like I said, I had to massage the edge, of the upper left portion of the tube where it goes into the stock box, there was a LOT of excess casting material that wasn't cleaned up at the factory. I used my sanding block with some 80 grit and knocked it down on the edge and it slid together. It may never come apart now, but that's fine!

Next mods are coming, well mods and maintenance.

Coil Sumo Springs. Just need to do it. Have them and have been lazy.

Fuel filter. It's past time.
Trans seal and torque converter R&R. Something is causing that seal to blow prematurely, I figure replacing the converter is cheaper than tearing the tranny out again. My brother in law has a shop and offered to help with this job...
While the truck is getting tranny work done, I will install a drain plug kit in the trans pan. Having the female threaded part seam welded to the pan to keep the possibility of leakage away for good.

Then belts, hoses, coolant, brake fluid exchange, and diff lube exchange.

Then the one everyone with the 5.4 3V dreads... The spark plug change...

And somewhere in all of that, I really need to wash / wax the outside, dress the wheels / tires and clean up the engine compartment!

Even with the use of the shop and borrowing an in law to get the job done, I look to be dropping about 500 or so bucks in parts and materials. Plus lunch and beer of course. However when done, I should be able to hop in, twist the key and drive anywhere I want to...

Sadly, I have been so busy with fix-it projects, and will be for a while after all this is done, that I won't have much of a chance to drive the truck anywhere fun for a while...

Old 01-12-2014, 12:40 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Had the front side windows tinted 30%. Cooler inside and the outside rear view mirrors are now tited when the windows are up.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Got the Sumo Springs installed more or less. I couldn't fish the zip ties around the shock boots... However they do appear in there good and tight.

I didn't quite buy back the full 1" that I am minus that the Rancho should have provided, but I did get 3/4" back. The rub is more or less gone. I drove the truck around the block turning into my steep driveway HARD and that is how I managed to get it to rub. Now drooping on and off the curb slowly (the way I would say off roading at the deer lease...). I do need to get more trimming done on the inner fender. In a couple of weeks I am dragging the truck to my brother in law's shop to work on the transmission. He is a body guy and says he knows exactly where to trim on these trucks... Hopefully he is right... I admit I am being a bit odd here. I do NOT want to lift any further than a level will do. Mostly because my wife is only 5' tall. I do not want to make this truck hard for her to get into...

At least at neighborhood speeds (under 30mph) the ride stiffened up, but in a good way. I got rid of the overly bouncy feel I got with the added weight over the front end...

Old 01-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Got new Firestone Destination LE 2 mounted balanced and installed on the truck.

Then got an alignment, oil change, and changed a resistor pack on the blower motor.

Should be good for awhile.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Grabbed the ATF for the trans fix and t case. Grabbed coolant hoses and clamps... Got the carb cleaner for the plug change...

Quick Reply: Official what did you do to your truck today thread.