2004 - 2008 F-150

06-07 F150...Questions Before Buying

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Probably not, the factory recommendation is 100k. Nobody in their right mind is going to pull them without putting new ones in. You never know. Definitely get an OASIS report if you can.
As far as the Oasis report, is that something the current owner has to get or can I call his local dealer and request it?

Old 03-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Just be careful in what your doing. Small slow turns to help from breaking. I've done my old 01 F-150 as well as my 96 Ranger, I don't forsee my 07 being that much more difficult. All you really need is a torque wrench and carburetor cleaner when trying to get it out. Or is it much different?

Old 03-15-2010, 07:18 PM
oh boy!!!

Originally Posted by LateKnightRides
Just be careful in what your doing. Small slow turns to help from breaking. I've done my old 01 F-150 as well as my 96 Ranger, I don't forsee my 07 being that much more difficult. All you really need is a torque wrench and carburetor cleaner when trying to get it out. Or is it much different?
yes, it is VERY different. search this forum for the plug change stories. bottom line, they will break, the dealership will charge you a lot.
plug changes on this model can cost well over 500 dollars!!! there is a TSB, and there is a right way to do it, and a specific tool for the job, but it is NOT a simple or easy process.

You Have Been Warned!!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:39 PM
I bought my 07 SCREW last July with just under 13K on the odometer. It now has a bit over 23K and I have had no issues. I have changed the oil myself 3 times with the correct oil and ford filter. The dealer replaced a heater temp control valve under warranty but that is it. Love the truck................. Warranty ends in April......................

Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Fuel additive will help clean the carbon off of the plugs!! Just make sure that you add it every other oil change at least, but they still might break. The main problem with them breaking is that there is carbon build up on them and they will not come back up through the hole and they become seized and then break!

Old 03-16-2010, 04:32 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Originally Posted by captnick
As far as the Oasis report, is that something the current owner has to get or can I call his local dealer and request it?
Go to any Ford/L-M dealer and talk real nice to a service advisor. Tell them you are looking at a used Ford, give them the VIN, and ask if they could pull you an OASIS. Emphasis on the words "go to". If I were a service advisor and someone called me on the phone and asked for one, I'd blow you off.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Some things to look for are leaky pinion seal on rear end (where driveshaft meets rear end), window switches not working (you should feel a click when you press the button if you don't switch is worn and will eventually need to be replaced), if 4x4 you need to check to make sure transfer case engages (make sure when you turn the switch it engages), noisy cam phasers (loud ticking), I have an 06 and have had all of these problems, still overall an awesome truck.

Quick Reply: 06-07 F150...Questions Before Buying