2004 - 2008 F-150

Got stuck!!!!!! And another question!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got stuck!!!!!! And another question!

Hi all! My buddy has a dirt driveway and it has been raining alot here lately in Georgia. My truck normally doesn't have any problem getting in and out of his driveway, but each time I can feel it getting slicker and slicker. I pulled up one day last week and noticed his S-10 had slid off the driveway and buried itself in mud. I couldn't help but laugh (it bit me later ). I hooked the chain up to my truck and the front of his S-10, dropped it in 4 low and pulled it out, not even touching the gas. It helped that I was on the "harder" dirt. Last night I was backing out of his driveway and caught one of the many ruts in his driveway and before I knew it my truck slid into the hole that the Chevy had dug for me. I was stuck! The ground was just too wet. I was up to the running boards. My other buddy parked in the same spot I did to pull out the S-10 in his 1991 Mazda B2200 4 cylinder 5-speed 2wd. Hooked the strap to my hitch and to his bumper. He pulled my back end just far enough for me to get traction and after a little more mud-slinging, I was out. That was the first time my truck has ever seen that kind of mud... It hurts me to see my truck that dirty. So this morning while it was 30 deg I has washing my truck and trying to de-thaw the hose! My hands are still hurting!

Anyway, here is a few pictures...

SO here is an unrelated question: I just got back from a trip to Daytona to watch the shootout. My friend must be scared to drive with the gas pedal because he just uses cruise control. When cruise is on, on every hill it downshifts to third on the interstate. Every one, big or small! But when I drive without it, the truck seems to have enough power to maintain the speed. It never has a problem keeping 70-85 and never coming out of overdrive without cruise. Is there a way to adjust the cruise settings with the edge (I have one, level 2). 2005 STX 4x4 Regular Cab
Sorry for the long post!
-Matt

Last edited by nascar99ford; 02-10-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 02-10-2010, 05:59 PM

looks like it was "fun"....our ground moisture over here in SC is ridiculously high.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
hey nice tool box, did you get yours from tractor supply too?

Old 02-10-2010, 06:06 PM
ha sucks that you got stuck. i see you're from griffin. i have a bunch of friends that live there. im in jackson.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:19 PM
I dont think you can adjust cruise control settings with your edge, but having that said, running level 2 may have something to do with it. It is designed to give you more power in the lower rpm range, so that does not make a lot of sense, but at the same time it may be compensating for the fact that if you were towing something a downshift may be required to get up the hill. I would try running level 3 or even try stock and see what happens.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have a 3.55 rear ratio cause that will do it sometimes

Old 02-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Originally Posted by carolinaboy32
looks like it was "fun"....our ground moisture over here in SC is ridiculously high.
We have had the wettest year-and-a-half that I can remember. I'm not complaining though, It beats the major drought we had not long ago. If only we could get some snow!!! "Fun" is not the word I would use to describe washing the truck this morning....

Originally Posted by radar's FX4
hey nice tool box, did you get yours from tractor supply too?
Thanks! Yep, that's where mine is from. It looks awesome. I like the lower profile look of this one compared to my higher, boxier one I had on my 2000.

Originally Posted by dilloncawthon
ha sucks that you got stuck. i see you're from griffin. i have a bunch of friends that live there. im in jackson.
Well hello neighbor! I've probably seen your truck around (very nice I might add). I don't really get over to Jackson very often unless I want to eat Fresh Air BBQ...

Originally Posted by mdhawkin
I dont think you can adjust cruise control settings with your edge, but having that said, running level 2 may have something to do with it. It is designed to give you more power in the lower rpm range, so that does not make a lot of sense, but at the same time it may be compensating for the fact that if you were towing something a downshift may be required to get up the hill. I would try running level 3 or even try stock and see what happens.
I've never thought of it that way. It could be trying to downshift for a "towing situation." The Edge has helped a ton with my truck. It used to have NO POWER in overdrive, so I'm happy that it tries to stay in overdrive now, and is able to build speed. All that shifting with cruise kills my gas mileage on the interstate. I haven't played with level 3 yet....

Originally Posted by zx12-iowa
Do you have a 3.55 rear ratio cause that will do it sometimes
I need to check which gears I have. I've been curious but haven't checked yet.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:46 AM
I've never thought of it that way. It could be trying to downshift for a "towing situation." The Edge has helped a ton with my truck. It used to have NO POWER in overdrive, so I'm happy that it tries to stay in overdrive now, and is able to build speed. All that shifting with cruise kills my gas mileage on the interstate. I haven't played with level 3 yet....
I keep mine on level 3 and love it. I may upgrade to custom tunes and run 87 performance, to save a little on the price of gas. I have the 30 gal tank so at .20 b/t 87 and 93 its only $6 more a tank, so no rush for custom tunes.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:20 PM
One day I'm gonna try it! I'm afraid I'm going to like it so much that I'm not going to want to go back to level 2.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by nascar99ford

Well hello neighbor! I've probably seen your truck around (very nice I might add). I don't really get over to Jackson very often unless I want to eat Fresh Air BBQ...

thanks, haha my uncle owns Fresh Air BBQ and it's awesome.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by dilloncawthon
thanks, haha my uncle owns Fresh Air BBQ and it's awesome.
Wow! I bet you get to eat free (unless you have one of those types of families ). Maybe I will bump into you over there sometime. I'll be looking for that truck.
-Matt

Quick Reply: Got stuck!!!!!! And another question!