2004 - 2008 F-150

efan ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
efan ??

ok guys i just got my efans my question is how do i use the fan clutch removal tool lol and where is a good spot to tap in for the ignition and ac clutch

Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 PM
I Had the same problem. There is a diagram somewhere out there that helped me but I dont remember where. What you do is use the forked end, best way I know how to describe it. You place that end around the bolts that hold on the whole thing into the clutch. Then place the other tool (wrench) around the large nut that holds the fan on. What the fork does is by grabbing onto the bolts it keeps it from spinning while you un-screw the fan... Hope that makes sense... as far as the ignition wire follow the wiring harness out of firewall (top left behind the batteries) Cut back some of the plastic binding all the wires together to expose them. Then turn your truck on and test the wires coming out. If it gets current mark the wire and turn the truck off and see if it's still on. If it goes off you have an ignition wire. takes a while but by process of elimination you'll figure it out. Hope that makes sense i did it over a year ago.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 PM
ok what about the ac clutch wire

Quick Reply: efan ??