2004 - 2008 F-150

Trouble in Paradise(alternator hypertech)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trouble in Paradise(alternator hypertech)

I have a 2005 for F 150 supercrew FX4 w/a 6 inch fabtech lift and 35" tires. First and foremost where can a fellow F150onliner get a deal on a new alternator? Autozone wants $232 for a new one and that seems a little steep, I though I'd hit up my brethren before making a purchase. Mine crapped out, and where can I find some information on how to take the alternator off.(I'm not opposed either to just changing out the rotor fans if they are the only problem) I gotta get the dang thing off first I live in a small town and highway robbery is in full effect, so being a DIYe I figured I can do it. I didn't think an alternator would be too hard to manage, but I need to know how to loosen the tensioner and get the belt off what wrenches or anything special I'd need.(then how to put it back on).

Another thing, my hypertech III tuner is going good, but I have a question on how the heck to enter in 35" tires? It goes up to 34" but that's the highest it goes. I put in 34" for now but was wondering if there was a workaround to get it exact. Thanks brothers I leave my noobness in your hands, please help me out-T

Old 01-23-2010, 04:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I do know that aftermarket alternators don't work so well on these trucks. Best bet is to buy a Ford alternator from the dealer, which shouldn't cost much more than the one you've mentioned.

Also try Tasca Ford Parts. http://www.tascafordparts.com/

Can't help you on the other things you've asked about.

Quick Reply: Trouble in Paradise(alternator hypertech)