2004 - 2008 F-150

04 Many issues, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by shakin
So heres an update. I took the truck back over to the dealer. They called me and told me that they felt it was the fluid had been changed and the Ford addative hadnt been put back in. I felt like they were wrong, but whatever. I get the call this morning the truck is good to go, rear diff. fluid changed and all is well. I went and got the truck. Drove two miles down the road to K-Mart and when i backed into my parking spot, it did it again. The rearend had a binding/slipping/binding again feeling. I went right back over to the dealership and told them it was not fixed. Again, they wanted me to leave the truck so that the mechanic could look at it MONDAY when he had time. I told them no, I would drive it until the rear gave out. Then I asked who they wanted to pay to tow it once that happened. They told me who, and I left. Once I got home and calmed some, I began to think of how this reminded me of a problem I had with an 02 F150. All of the ebrake hardware had rusted and siezed up causing the brake shoes to bind and fall apart. Which in turn caused a binding/slipping/binding feeling in the rear. I didnt figure that could be the case with this truck since they told me that they had the rear rotors off to make sure they werent warped a week ago. Well, curiosity got the best of me. I went out to the garage and started tearing down. The E Brake hardware was corroded and rusted solid, and the brake shoes were destroyed and bound into the rotor/drum!!!!
Needless to say, the truck is fixed now thanks to....MYSELF!!! I am so pissed about this. I mean, I am glad that it was a minor repair, but if they hadnt have lied to me in the first place about having the rear rotors off, we wouldnt have been in this situation!
Thanks for posting back!

This is an excellent reminder to folks to look after yer e-brakes...

Good work man.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Thanks for posting back!

This is an excellent reminder to folks to look after yer e-brakes...

Good work man.
Thanks, Hopefully this solves the sporatic gas mileage! The last tank was 11.5 MPG's a couple before that was 14.9 MPG's with the same driving conditions.

Quick Reply: 04 Many issues, what to do?