2004 - 2008 F-150

trying to hook up a tailgate led light bar, but having problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 02:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
somebody try and help!trying to hook up a tailgate led light bar, but having problems

i got a led tailgate light bar on ebay from a local trailer dealer, and its has the wires for the lights, green,yellow,black and white, now i got them to work for left turn, brake, running, but for some reason right turn signal wont work and i get no power to the trailer hook up when i put my blinkers on, every is all stock in the back for the trailer hook up for lights. i was going to splice into the wires there, but for some reason cant get any juice for right turn. im guessing its shorting out, but if anyone else has problems let me know, ill put pics up tommrow of my light

Last edited by acoers; 01-22-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:14 PM
my led bar uses a 4-pin adapter to plug into my wiring harness for the tow package. can you just use the four wires (essentially the same thing as your g/y/b/w wires) and plug into the 4-pin harness? if you need to use your 4-pin for trailering often just buy a 4-pin y-style pigtail to split the power between your led bar and trailer. i usually just unplug my bar if i'm hauling since you can't see my bar if my trailer is loaded up

Old 01-21-2010, 01:18 PM
heres some pics of what im trying to put on

Old 01-25-2010, 03:42 AM
if i remember correctly Yellow = LH stop and turn, Green = RH stop and turn, Brown = tail, license, and side markers, and White = ground

Old 01-26-2010, 03:46 AM
yeah thats right, its just when i check the power for green or rh it doesnt do anything so there must be a short or grounded out in the plug harness somewhere

Quick Reply: trying to hook up a tailgate led light bar, but having problems