2004 - 2008 F-150

TRUE leveling kit gain

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Cuz!

I can't wait till spring to take it out of the garage. I want to get a hard cover for the back yet and a chip or some sort.

Did you get your level kit yet? Installed yet?

Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Cuz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JTB 06KingRanch
Thanks Cuz!

I can't wait till spring to take it out of the garage. I want to get a hard cover for the back yet and a chip or some sort.

Did you get your level kit yet? Installed yet?

Nope, still waiting. I'm going to west TX in the desert mule deer hunting tomorrow so even if I got it I couldn't do anything with it till next week.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 PM
hey everyone..
If you go online and buy the Daystar 1" Budget Boost leveling kit it will actually give you right at 2" of lift. I did this to my 06 Screw and thats what happened. This kit is half the price of most other leveling kits so its quite a savings. And the quality is just as good as I'll ever need. It's just a polyurethane spacer with stud extenders, and works very well.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Cuz
Originally Posted by schwinn
hey everyone..
If you go online and buy the Daystar 1" Budget Boost leveling kit it will actually give you right at 2" of lift. I did this to my 06 Screw and thats what happened. This kit is half the price of most other leveling kits so its quite a savings. And the quality is just as good as I'll ever need. It's just a polyurethane spacer with stud extenders, and works very well.
Schwinn,

I looked at those but was told that they would be a waste cause they would barely give 1".
I went to your profile and don't see any pics. Could you PLEASE post a pic or two of your truck with the 1" Daystar kit on it? Before and after pics would be awesome! I have a 06 too. 4x4 xlt

Old 12-02-2009, 11:51 PM
after readin this yll might be able to help me. i have 17x9 moto metal 951s and im lookin for either 33x12.50 nitto mud grapplers or some other 285/70 mud tires. i was wondering if y'll might know wether to buy a 2" leveling kit or 2.5" or go with bilstein shocks that raise it 2". and would either or all of these allow me to clear the 33's?? the moto metal 951s stick out a lil bit farther than stock. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

oh ya, its a 2004 xlt 4x4 regular cab flareside.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Cuz, I'd gp with the 2" AS being that you have a 2006. It'll net you about nearly 2.5" of lift, which should get you close to level. That's what I have, but due to me towing often I opted for a rear add-a-leaf for a little rake and more payload. My sig pic is prior to the add-a-leaf.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Cuz
Schwinn,

I looked at those but was told that they would be a waste cause they would barely give 1".
I went to your profile and don't see any pics. Could you PLEASE post a pic or two of your truck with the 1" Daystar kit on it? Before and after pics would be awesome! I have a 06 too. 4x4 xlt
sorry cant provide any pics but what i say is true... the polyurethane blocks measure just about 3/16" less than the procomp blocks that i had on previously which were rated at a 2&1/2" lift. I ordered the daystars because i wanted to drop the front down a ways, but it only dropped about a half inch. so if I would have known what i do now i would have went with the daystar kit from the get-go.
hope this helps..

Old 12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
I have a skyjacker 2" leveling kit on my truck...it set almost dead level... although i dont have picture of it with factory wheels and tires on it. i really liked how the truck set and i would sugest getting a 2" kit.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Cuz
sorry cant provide any pics but what i say is true... the polyurethane blocks measure just about 3/16" less than the procomp blocks that i had on previously which were rated at a 2&1/2" lift. I ordered the daystars because i wanted to drop the front down a ways, but it only dropped about a half inch. so if I would have known what i do now i would have went with the daystar kit from the get-go.
hope this helps..
Why no pics? No cell phone or camera?? Booooo

Old 12-08-2009, 11:09 PM
This is an 08 2wd with a Hell Bent Steel 2.5" after installing it, the front wheel well measured the same as the rear. I cant recal what it was now, I need to go check.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:49 PM
the thing about these trucks is that even when the fender lip height measures the same the truck looks like it is sitting nose-high. At least that is what my truck looked like with the procomp 2.5" kit on it..

Old 12-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Cuz
the thing about these trucks is that even when the fender lip height measures the same the truck looks like it is sitting nose-high. At least that is what my truck looked like with the procomp 2.5" kit on it..
Very true! That's what I'm trying to avoid... May just do the 1 or 1.5" kit for starters then might have to AAL.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Cuz
Very true! That's what I'm trying to avoid... May just do the 1 or 1.5" kit for starters then might have to AAL.
I'm debating the AAL myself. i love the stance right now, but everytime I hook up the popup camper, it bull dogs

So its either a AAL or bigger tires out back, like the old days LMAO

Old 12-14-2009, 07:48 PM
daystar v.s. autospring

First let me apologize for no pics. I just got the truck back from the work. I have an 04 fx4 and researched this topic for quite some time. I wanted a slight lift not quite level but still a little rake. Ended up going with the AS 1.5. It acyually lifted my stock rake to level. A little more than what I was looking for. I tested my desired height by jacking the front of the truck up 1.5" and it looked good. Well as I said it ended up too much. AS tech told me to align the front end and that would drop it down a 1/2". This is yet to be done. Trils West put the kit on for me and they said the lift varies an inch or so depending on how many miles you have on your front springs.

I actually just ordered the daystar 1" hoping to drop it down a bit. But now after reading these posts I'm not sure. It's getting expensive quibbling over a 1/2". I'm hoping the alignment will do the trick. When that is done I'll get some pics on.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Cuz
Originally Posted by teamgreyshadow
First let me apologize for no pics. I just got the truck back from the work. I have an 04 fx4 and researched this topic for quite some time. I wanted a slight lift not quite level but still a little rake. Ended up going with the AS 1.5. It acyually lifted my stock rake to level. A little more than what I was looking for. I tested my desired height by jacking the front of the truck up 1.5" and it looked good. Well as I said it ended up too much. AS tech told me to align the front end and that would drop it down a 1/2". This is yet to be done. Trils West put the kit on for me and they said the lift varies an inch or so depending on how many miles you have on your front springs.

I actually just ordered the daystar 1" hoping to drop it down a bit. But now after reading these posts I'm not sure. It's getting expensive quibbling over a 1/2". I'm hoping the alignment will do the trick. When that is done I'll get some pics on.
Pics would be great! Sounds like you and I are wanting the same thing and I'll be pissed if I go through all that and it's not "right". I'm getting closer and closer to just ding the 1" budget boost. BUT for the life of me I can't find a pic of a 04-08 F150 with the 1" kit on it?!?!
Please post some pics asap Shadow!

Quick Reply: TRUE leveling kit gain