2004 - 2008 F-150

Ok lets see them Body lift guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wingman4, how did you get your brush guard to look right after the body lift? Mine mounts to the frame, so I assume some new brackets would be in order? Thats one of the things holding me back. Wayyyy too many deer in the area to run without some front end protection, trust me, I've hit 2 since I got this truck with the brush guard you can see in my sig...$160 brand new off of eBay, neither time was there a scratch on the truck or the guard...same can not be said for the deer haha.

Also, you guys all have just levels and body lifts, and no problem running 35's on wheels with a good offset?

Old 03-22-2010, 03:18 PM
As far as the grill guard goes I took it to a local shop - Super Trucks Plus and they made brackets for it. It fits like a glove. I love it. Its pretty sturdy. I wouldn't want to hit a dear with it, but I can't say Id want to hit a deer with anything, lol... I've head ranchhands can knock down deer, I just decided to go with a different brand for mine. I have a Trail FX grill guard. What do you have? I got to keep the tow hooks too with the brackets they made. I am very happy with it! Check out my album "body lift mods" to see some photos of the brackets. I need to take some pics with the hood up. I'll try and get those today.

Yeah I have a 3" level kit, 2" add-a-leaf (which I got almost a year after having the LK and BL on - helps out so much with towing and just driving btw), and the 3" body lift. Mine are not exactly 35s. If someone were to ask in passing, yeah they're 35s. But mine are 315/70/R17s which comes out to be 34.36" x 12.40" on a 17" rim. And once on the truck on the ground, with a measuring tape, they come out something just under 34 as I recall. Ill check that later today. I had to trim my front bumper valence a little bit. Here ya go:

Old 03-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Very good info, thanks. I have no idea what the brand of my guard is, el cheapo I guess haha. I honestly thought my front end was destroyed after I hit the first deer. Got out of the truck mad as hell and walked up front and was like "Huh. Nice." Hit probably a 130-160 lb doe doing around 40 MPH, dead center. She stepped out right at the last moment, and I saw her thinking about it and got on the brakes hard, I was doing close to 70. On 231 just north of Panama City at 4 in the morning of all places and times.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
^Holy cow! That's crazy! Speaking of, I'd hate to hit a cow out in the country, now that would stink! Glad to hear your guard did its job. I've almost hit a couple deer around here, that's what gave me more motivation to get the full grill guard rather than just a prerunner bar. I really like the prerunner bars tho, especially the daystar one, but after talking to OGT about his he said it probably wouldn't do much as far as impact. Im happy with what I've got now. The only thing I want to do is put on a suspension lift and 35 or 37" MTs, get my pipes raised, if possible, get my hitch raised (Im not sure if it can be done w/o ruining its towing capability), and get better gas milage

Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just need new wheels and 35's.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Nettershakes, what size are you running right now?

Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wingman4
Nettershakes, what size are you running right now?
There 285/70/17

Quick Reply: Ok lets see them Body lift guys