2004 - 2008 F-150

Truck Bed Work Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Bed Work Light

Had another idea today. Tomorrow I will probably figure out a way to add another light on the other side. But the mounting will be a bit difficult because I cant get my hands that far down in the bed to mount the light or switch in the lower holes. It works great and is really funtional. I figured since I do most of my mods in the dark because I work during the day this was really useful. Im surprised it took me this long to do it. I am unsure if I like the light or not but I can always get a different one and connect it.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Light

Gurt

Just a thought here, kind of offbeat but 'what the heck'. Consider using a light with a magnetic base. Next get a plug for the trailer jack and wire it up. I believe one of the contacts in the plug is hot all the time for charging a battery in a trailer setting so there's your hot connection. When you need a light, just position it where you need and plug it in. No mods to the truck and I think that would give you what you want. Good luck on you lighting.

Paul

Old 08-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Not to bad an idea. if i was you i would have mounted it under the rail on the side of the bed out of sight and so it you ever need to load big stuff in the bed you dont have to worry about hitting it. same with the switch.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:11 AM
MmmMmm Sonic!

A few guys on here have installed LED light bars under the lip of the bed rails. Your ideal is pretty cool too since you can aim it outside the bed.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Suspended
Yeah I mainly wanted light on my tailgate because that is my work bench. So under the rail lighting is pointless, lol. And I checked all the wires on my trailer plugs but I couldnt find one that was hot with the truck off. Plus this one is always there. I may relocate it if I can find a location. But for now that is the most useful place that I could find. It is up high enough to spread light across the entire tailgate, but still able to move around to point other places.

Quick Reply: Truck Bed Work Light