2004 - 2008 F-150

cam phaser noise - confirmation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Noise

I was trying to identify the engine noise that I'm hearing from my F150 Lariat and I see that the cam phaser seem's to be a common problem, but the more I read, the more I think it might be something else. It seem's that a lot of you are saying that the noise is present during idle when the engine is warm, where mine stops at idle and start when I step on the gas. It will do it for a very short time at start up and then it fades quickly. This past weekend while pulling a 31 foot travel trailler, the noise was very noticeable when stepping on the gas, sounds like it's comming from the right side.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm having this same problem does anyone know if they have a warranty on them because when i bought my truck the company that i got it from took it to Ford and had them replaced cost around $1800 but this was only like maybe year and a half ago.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 PM
cam phazers

Hi guys, im new in here so i hope im posting in the right place.
I just bought a 07 FX4 and 2 days later im getting the knocking sound from the engine. By reading the forums, sounds to me like the cam phazers. Makes me wonder if the dealer knew about this problem before selling it to me. My question is, if the cam phazers are replaced, is the problem fixed for good, or are they just putting the same old problematic cam phazers back in??
Thanks
spikr

Quick Reply: cam phaser noise - confirmation?