2004 - 2008 F-150

Water leaking in through rust pocket in kick panel...advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water leaking in through rust pocket in kick panel...advice needed

So my 05 is leaking on the passenger side and with the terrential downpours of late, I was really able to see where it was coming from. I've eliminated the A/C drain, rear sliding window, and others. However, I can visually see the water pouring in through a rust pocket in the kick panel just above the floor (just below the fuse box). How did a rust pocket develop here? I'm guessing that there must be a drain hole somewhere that may be plugged and allowing water to pool up in that area. I plan on removing the small rust hole and welding a patch panel to fix it, but want to find the cause. Does anyone know of a drain hole location for this area? I can't seem to find anything anywhere. The drivers side doesn't have this issue.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:27 PM
I did see one post of a guy who had a leak up under the wiper cowl that wascoming into the passenger side wire troth. He just siliconed it up and it fixed it. Do a search and maybe youll find it. Good luck

Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Is it just me or do the '04-'08 trucks seem to have an inordinate number of moisture intrusion issues? Third brake light, power rear slider, firewall area -- the list just seems to go on and on......

Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Found a thread about windshield spacer blocks. http://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewt...?f=31&t=110698

A soon as the monsoon passes, I'll be checking them

Old 04-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by kitchenboy
I did see one post of a guy who had a leak up under the wiper cowl that was coming into the passenger side wire troth. He just siliconed it up and it fixed it. Do a search and maybe youll find it. Good luck
I think that was a TSB. That could explain the rust hole.

Quick Reply: Water leaking in through rust pocket in kick panel...advice needed