2004 - 2008 F-150

For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Sale

Whats up guys, im fixing to put my truck up for sale in the larger wanted ads for my area.

Seems like truck sales are picking up pretty good and so are the values, talked to a dude got a XLT with 30G for 22,000. The only way I can get what I need with the mods Ive done is out right sale.

So heres my question I need to get the wheels cleaned really good from where the factory pads raised hell on them. What do you recommend, I use Mequries chrome but theres alil pitting on them I want to get off the best I can maybe some chrome polish? Im going to take the wheels back off the truck do to it. Next is like this the ad lets me submit 3 pictures I think, when you were looking or when you are looking for a truck what pictures and stances stand out the best?

I really need to sale and get a screw, that is unless a Mustang rear seat fits a baby good lol jk. Thanks!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
first off...baby seat + Mustang sucks...had Had one for a little over a year. ended up never going anywhere with the kiddo and the Mustang. Always took the truck

picture wise
1. shows mostly the side of truck, but still has a narrow portion of front available
2. Interior pic zoomed out to show as much as possible, but still clearly see any damage if present
3. Other side of truck, similar to #1

good luck with the rims. That pitting is pretty much unfixable in my experience. Hopefully some of the paint/chrome nuts...I mean Guru's pop in and have a trick or 2

Old 04-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would do the first two pictures just like Tylus said. Then for the third picture I would get an angled picture of the side and the back.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Suspended
use bar keepers help or friend on your wheels. my wheels were half black from pitting, that crap took all the pitting right off. i even tried pressure washing and the pitting wouldn't go away. that stuff was amazing. took taylor maybe half an hour or so to do all 4 wheels and get 95% of it gone.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Here are two examples of possible interior pictures:

I used these when I sold my truck (and then bought back)

Old 04-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks guys. The wheels arnt too bad don't have but about 4grand on them so hopefully they will clean up right. Last time I took them off they came 98% clean but prob gonna have to use alil more elbow and some thing stronger.

If the truck don't sale then im going to 100% change everything about it, Im just not in love with the chrome ne more. I want to do black wheels with larger tires. I just am not digging the current scheme.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
use bar keepers help or friend on your wheels. my wheels were half black from pitting, that crap took all the pitting right off. i even tried pressure washing and the pitting wouldn't go away. that stuff was amazing. took taylor maybe half an hour or so to do all 4 wheels and get 95% of it gone.
X2,

I'd never heard of BKF until it was mentioned on this site. I live near the ocean and due to my lack of washing the wheels, the chrome started rusting and looking like crap.

After using BKF and Mr. Clean Magic Erase, the wheels looked damn near brand new.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:49 PM
hmm, thanks guys im fixin to poss trade into a set of 20's with 33x12.50s and gonna have to get my wheels clean on my way to auto store now thanks!

Quick Reply: For Sale