2004 - 2008 F-150

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you do?

If you owned a truck just like mine what mod's would you do? I can't make up my mind what I want to install on my truck next. I am open to any suggestion's whether some of you think I should drop it or lift it or remove a mod I currently have installed. All my exterior mod's you can see in the pic's. Thanks!

Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 AM

I would definitly trade me your PTM surround!

On a serious note, the exterior looks pretty good. I would tint your tail lights and 3rd brake light, they look good on our color (see my gallery). Maybe get a front bumper with fog lights.

Other than that, maybe some performance mods? A custom tune and a CAI would be sweet.

If you already have that, then save up and put in a crackin' sound system.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Suspended
i am not a big fan of the wheels. im a lifted guy so i would say lift it, but you don't see many dropped trucks with that color paint. maybe a 2/4 drop and get 22's and sell your wheels and bull bar. or maybe do a lift get 17's or 18's and 35s

Old 01-19-2009, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
I would definitly trade me your PTM surround!

On a serious note, the exterior looks pretty good. I would tint your tail lights and 3rd brake light, they look good on our color (see my gallery). Maybe get a front bumper with fog lights.

Other than that, maybe some performance mods? A custom tune and a CAI would be sweet.

If you already have that, then save up and put in a crackin' sound system.
It would be too much chrome on the grille in my opinion with the chrome surround. I would tint my tail's but the idiot driver's around here barely can see the red taillight's so it worries me about having them dark. I do plan on installing a cai once I get my edge converted to a gryphon. I would like to get a bumper with foglight's and also have it painted to match the color of my truck. Also I swore I wouldn't get a sound system installed in this truck. I had two L5-12's with a 1000W kicker amp and a ported box installed in my Ranger. I don't know which was worse the rattle's it created in my truck or the people I pissed off late at night. I literally had a friend call me one night pissed cause I came by his house with it turned up and some picture's fell off his wall's! LOL Thanks for the info mSall!

Last edited by 2004Triton5.4; 01-19-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by 06yz250f
i am not a big fan of the wheels. im a lifted guy so i would say lift it, but you don't see many dropped trucks with that color paint. maybe a 2/4 drop and get 22's and sell your wheels and bull bar. or maybe do a lift get 17's or 18's and 35s
The rim's aren't my first choice either but I got a good deal on them so I couldn't pass up the offer. I may sell them and get some different one's eventually. I have been leaning a little toward's lowering it since I have a little girl that will be born here in the next couple week's and having it lifted would be difficult on getting her in and out of a tall truck. I am limited to how far I can lower it though with the crappy road's around here. Thanks for the input!

Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
smoke the taillamps and brake light, Harley style headlamps, get a 04 - 05 fog bumper and paint the fogs black, PTM the bumpers, powder coat the bull bar & lamps on it, bigger rims in a glossy black color, maybe with partial chrome parts.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:51 AM

I'm still debating on ptming my headlight's and I have also thought about painting the badges to match my truck. I'm just skeptical on how it would turn out. Maybe I can find another set of factory headlight's and practice with those.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
smoke the taillamps and brake light, Harley style headlamps, get a 04 - 05 fog bumper and paint the fogs black, PTM the bumpers, powder coat the bull bar & lamps on it, bigger rims in a glossy black color, maybe with partial chrome parts.
I wonder how my truck would look blacked out? I would like to get rid of some of the chrome on my truck though. Thanks Darren.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by 2004Triton5.4
I have been leaning a little toward's lowering it since I have a little girl that will be born here in the next couple week's and having it lifted would be difficult on getting her in and out of a tall truck.
Congratulations on the baby!! My wife and I are also expecting a little girl, we just to wait another 2 months.

I would do a 2/4 drop with 22's or 20's you have really bad roads. Then ditch the bull bar, and get Mark LT handles also get some silver turn signal bulbs for the heads.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:34 PM
What if you put more aggressive tires on the current wheels and added some side steps? A lot of people on here don't like the running boards but I think they're very convienient.

Congrats on the baby

Old 01-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
I say that, with a 4" Rancho, new wheels and some nice aggresive tires, HID conversion kit. System. Tuner? Intake?

Old 01-19-2009, 12:47 PM

Tint the lights, Fog lights in the bumper. F150online sticker. The sticker gets you 25 more hp.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
honestly, I think your truck looks pretty damn good as is

maybe some steps to help the wife/kid combo out. my wife is 5'4" and there isn't any way she could get into or out of my truck

yours seems to sit a little lower though, but still, it sucks to be stretching when putting a carseat in the back...got 3 in mine

Old 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM

If I just got my current wheel's painted a gloss black how do ya'll think they would look? Here's a picture of the wheel's painted black.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by PHS79
Congratulations on the baby!! My wife and I are also expecting a little girl, we just to wait another 2 months.

I would do a 2/4 drop with 22's or 20's you have really bad roads. Then ditch the bull bar, and get Mark LT handles also get some silver turn signal bulbs for the heads.
Thanks man! Congrat's to you and your wife. A 2/4 drop seem's more of a reasonable drop for my area. 20's are the biggest sized wheel's i'll put on my truck. I'm thinking about taking the bullbar off anyway's i'm starting to not like how it looks. Where can I get silver turn signal bulb's and what's the difference with the markLT handle's and my current one's? Thanks for the input!