2004 - 2008 F-150

oil coming out of the dipstick tube??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Russ04: about 170000 klms/ 106000 miles

niceasssupercrw: you are referring to the heating tube by the throttle assembly? I took it out and cleaned it, tested the resistance and it only showed 12 ohms... seems pretty low for a heater. perhaps thats the problem. I dont know if these have a pcv "valve" inside the manifold or just a pcv system.. and yes, the o-ring seems intact enough. It is certainly a pressure problem because when running and warm, I pull the dipstick and there is definatly smoke puffing up. same with the oil filler cap removed.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDaniels
Russ04: about 170000 klms/ 106000 miles

niceasssupercrw: you are referring to the heating tube by the throttle assembly? I took it out and cleaned it, tested the resistance and it only showed 12 ohms... seems pretty low for a heater. perhaps thats the problem. I dont know if these have a pcv "valve" inside the manifold or just a pcv system.. and yes, the o-ring seems intact enough. It is certainly a pressure problem because when running and warm, I pull the dipstick and there is definatly smoke puffing up. same with the oil filler cap removed.
With smoke coming out like that, it sounds a lot like blow by. Which could be a PCV problem, or something more serious. Does it run okay otherwise?

Quick Reply: oil coming out of the dipstick tube??