2004 - 2008 F-150

Vision Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by metcalfe
same here. I can back my truck into any spot easier than my civic....weird.
the huge mirrors help, but I think I'm more use to the shape of the box than looking over the trunk of a car for some reason.
My parents have a Jeep Compass, and that thing is a little clown vehicle next to F150. Yet I've came so close to backing into things that I couldn't see because of all the blind spots... I might get some for that thing though... One time I was out and I was picking up a couple boxes at a loading dock where I work, so I'm used to the dock and everything because I've backed up my trucks there tons of times, this time, I actually needed a spotter... it was funny.

When I had my '03 Escape, that was the same problem, in fact, I backed right in to an empty barrel of used cooking oil at my first job. That thing was another lovely thing to try to maneuver.

I think what it is with a truck, you can see exactly where the bed ends, and then you add about 1/2 foot to that and you've got how far away you are. But I can just look, and know where I am. So I dunno... it's definitely weird.

Quick Reply: Vision Issues