Old 01-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wth is on your door?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
wth is on your door?
I'm also curious what it symbolizes. It's the same as what's on his front plate.
Looks to me like a wolf howling at the crescent moon behind the hot air balloon with a starry sky. And also in the Nevada/Arizona desert.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

wth is on your door?
He is, oh whats the correct term..? He has/flies hot air balloons so I assume he may be advertising for rentals or its the new pastel theme for Remax Realtors...

Never saw a hood deflector quite like that one either...

Old 01-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by BayouSupercrew
or its the new pastel theme for Remax Realtors...
its about time they re-did their logo!

Last edited by 06yz250f; 01-09-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Welcome to the site! Good looking truck, Loose those mudflaps though. A roush grill would look nice like you said.

Holy Air balloons Batman!

Oh and BayouSupercrew, I think that deflector is an option or something from the dealer, I have the same one on my truck.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Like my signature says, my other truck is a hot air balloon. On the door is the logo of my balloon team - Coyote Moon - it's a coyote howling at my balloon as it passes in front of a silver moon in a starry sky. Nope - no connection to REMAX, just fly the balloon for sport and pleasure. Yes, vanity plate carries the same logo as do our shirts, trading cards, lapel pins, etc. See, you truck guys are not the only crazy ones around. I have two obsessions.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by BayouSupercrew
He is, oh whats the correct term..? He has/flies hot air balloons so I assume he may be advertising for rentals or its the new pastel theme for Remax Realtors...

Never saw a hood deflector quite like that one either...
FYI the correct term is 'pilot'. We are licensed pilots who fly hot air balloons. The deflector is a chrome F150 logo deflector sold by the dealerships and on ebay. It's a short deflector.

Geaux Tigers! What part of LA? I'm in Keithville (just outside Shreveport).

Old 01-09-2009, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Smokin Lariat
Like my signature says, my other truck is a hot air balloon. On the door is the logo of my balloon team - Coyote Moon - it's a coyote howling at my balloon as it passes in front of a silver moon in a starry sky. Nope - no connection to REMAX, just fly the balloon for sport and pleasure. Yes, vanity plate carries the same logo as do our shirts, trading cards, lapel pins, etc. See, you truck guys are not the only crazy ones around. I have two obsessions.
That makes sense now . Has to be pretty cool floating above everyone else like that.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NicksSmokestone
Thankfully, not all smokestones have a tan interior. I like tan, but being in the construction business I needed black.

I've seen your truck on this site when I was searching, looks great. For next winter I definitely will get some new shoes, Pirellis suck in the snow, thank god for 4x4. Are those 35's, I know I will also need a leveling kit. Your right about the LT handles, they add a lot to your truck. Where did you get those chrome mirror covers, I like em too.
I honestly didn't think ANY Smokestones came with Tan interior?

My tires aren't even 34's. They measure 33.4" according to Mickey Thompson. Boy do they handle GREAT in the snow too! In situations where stopping in the snow would have resulted in the ABS kicking in with the Pirelli's, these Mickeys just come to a halt. No ABS. They have incredible traction in the snow!

I think the chrome skull caps are from Putco, but I can't remember exactly where I got them. You'll soon find out that Smokestone may be one of the rarest, if not THE rarest of 04-08 F150 colors. Only for 2006 and only on the Lariat model (obviously also on the Mark LT). I installed the Nav unit from an 07. I really love it too!

Old 01-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Aren't those the Arizona Beige King Ranch skull caps??

Tell me more about the 07 Nav unit you installed. I'm curious? email if you'd prefer.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by rms8
I honestly didn't think ANY Smokestones came with Tan interior?
They do. Worse, mine came with beige/tan pin striping! When I first went to add racing stripes I went with a dark grey - wanted a monochrome sort of look - despite advice from the guy doing the stripes. Smokestone is an odd color - looks different in diferent lights - so these grey stripes looked great in shade (see tailgate photo) but virtually disappeared in sunlight (see grille shot).

Went back and made the stripes black. We changed the tan pinstriping to the grey when we did the original stripes. I left those as is, grey.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:51 PM

They do. Worse, mine came with beige/tan pin striping! When I first went to add racing stripes I went with a dark grey - wanted a monochrome sort of look - despite advice from the guy doing the stripes. Smokestone is an odd color - looks different in diferent lights - so these grey stripes looked great in shade (see tailgate photo) but virtually disappeared in sunlight (see grille shot).

Went back and made the stripes black. We changed the tan pinstriping to the grey when we did the original stripes. I left those as is, grey.

Thats pretty cool not gonna lie.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aren't those the Arizona Beige King Ranch skull caps??

Tell me more about the 07 Nav unit you installed. I'm curious? email if you'd prefer.
The skull caps are chrome (on the mirrors). The hubcaps are from a KR. They look MUCH better IMO on Smokestone than the other 20" hubcaps from Ford.

My next favorite upgrade has to be the 305/55/20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's I just had put on. They give the truck a very aggressive stance. They are phenomenal in the snow thus far! I can't believe how much better they are at braking in the snow than the Pirelli's!

I couldn't climb this hill last year at my buddies house in MO with the OEM Pirelli's. With the MT's it was effortless!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey there gentlemen,

I have an 08' F250 that I primarily use for plowing, since it pays for itself thatway. Anyway, I just purchased MT ATZ 305/65/17 with some Diamo 17k rims, to replace the BFGR 245's. Have not put on yet since a lot of opinions seem to think wider tires tend to hydroplane in snow, driving to each account. What are you opinions with wide tires in the snow? I don't know if it's the tires or lack of posi traction but, in snow/ice, w/o 4wheel, I might as well be driving a corvett. That's with 2000# of salt in back too! I would really like to put these tires on. Any experience/thoughts on salt damage to rims would be appreciated too.

Thanks,

Lance

Last edited by ommegang; 01-18-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Congrats on the purchase of your smokestone F150. I too have a smokestone lariat 2wd but with a arizona beige bottom. I also have black leather interior. I really like the smokestone color because it is nice looking and I do not see too many smokestone trucks, so it is pretty rare.

Jim

Last edited by flinterceptor; 01-21-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Quick Reply: New 06 Smokestone Lariat owner