2004 - 2008 F-150

Avoid Hunter Truck Accessories and Wholesale!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I have all positive feedback and I am a big buyer and seller on there so don't you dare criticize me and i've post pictures of the rust before.

I'm sol here because they won't even contact me back so don't start with me too......i'm ticked about throwing $300 away and second I had not idea it would fit my truck, was hoping on having a 4x4 place fix it to my ride height.

and third here are the pictures again; MOD JUST CLOSE THIS THREAD....pathetic beyond belief

Name:  PC300608.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  7.0 KB
Name:  ATT00098.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  11.0 KB
Name:  ATT00101.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  14.0 KB
Name:  ATT00107.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  13.2 KB

Old 05-09-2009, 01:16 AM
not that i care about this whole docu-drama, but those welds look like the guy did them in his sleep.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I find it wierd that Hunter Trucks told you in your eBay feedback to "not use windex"

that was really weird...you even dinged them with a Negative Feedback, but they left you Positive.

BTW, it's extremely easy to find out info man. I spent maybe 5 minutes and found you on eBay...based only on your responses here in the forum, and the dates provided by you.

btw #2....that ain't rust. That is a localized spot where some sort of contaminate got onto the bar when it was being welded up. Clean that area up with a good wire brush...dry...wipe with alcohol...put a few layers of localized wax.

If all the "rust" you have is those tiny little spots, you really flipped out...way way into the deep end

Old 05-09-2009, 06:30 PM
I think we are all at fault here. We expected someone who thought a frame mounted brush gaurd would line up with his 3" body lifted truck could think rationaly. He proved us wrong there when he clicked the "submit order" button.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by edgespeeder06
Actually I have all positive feedback and I am a big buyer and seller on there so don't you dare criticize me

or what?

Old 05-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by GTRider245
I think we are all at fault here. We expected someone who thought a frame mounted brush gaurd would line up with his 3" body lifted truck could think rationaly. He proved us wrong there when he clicked the "submit order" button.
Now that was funny, I actually had planned on ahving a local shop custom fit it but at this point it isn't worth it.....and yes the grile guard is contaminated all the over the damn place like that and the surface isn't flat like when I bought it. I have cleaned it but it sits lower than chrome or stainless steel b.s. and when exposed to rain and oxygen after a few days, it's back where it started, all rust colored.

AS for the welds, wouldn't believe how many people told me they looked crappy and wouldn't last long and they were right, beause after just a few months, cracks were visible and so were stains of rusts.

Now as for Ebay: glad you found me since it proves that I did have an issue with them and I only tend to give feedback after trying a product and well they refused to help me or issue me a replacement light guard section, not even the entire thing. Then, as soon as I gave them the negative feedback, they emailed me saying they wouldn't help me anymore because of the negative feedback.

SO yes, I am S.O.L which sucks and noone wants to buy this P.O.S. grille guard......should've just saved up for a Manik because the guy at a shop I know was going to custom fit one to my truck with PIAA foglights for $1200 but I went the cheap route.........never again

Quick Reply: Avoid Hunter Truck Accessories and Wholesale!!! :(