2004 - 2008 F-150

Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem?

I was driving today and as I slowed to turn a corner my truck made a noise and the check engine light came on and it stalled. I also heard a noise when it stopped. Don't have a clue what it was. I put it in park and it started right up. No light. No hesitation. No noise. I drove it around a little and ran it through all the gears and all seems normal. This happen to anyone else?
I'm past my 3 years (but not mileage) and now I'm worried something might be wrong. I just had to buy a new fridge. If the truck is busted I can forget about that LCD TV for christmas.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had a similar problem. it all of a sudden wanted to shut off and id give it some gas and it be ok. then it just got to a point that the check engine light came on so i just cleaned the throttle body and air filter and all those components after that it hasnt done it since (about two years ago). so maybe try that out.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:56 PM
I havent checked the 150 yet but my ranger did that. There was a fuel system reset button on the paasenger side firewall. I just pressed it and the truck would be fine for like 3-6 months. Then out of the blue, it would do it again.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
On an '05, there's a couple of things it could be.

I've seen injectors momentarily hang and flood the engine, causing it to stall, and vapor management valves dumping raw fuel instead of vapor, also flooding the engine and causing it to stall.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:53 PM

Well at least the injectors are covered if its a problem with one of them. I'm just hoping the truck starts after I leave this basketball game.

Quick Reply: Problem?