2004 - 2008 F-150

Blackout! pics inside..

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Z you should yank the flares and paint them as well. Even if you rattle can it with some vinyl spray to a flat black that would look a lot better. You could probably leave them on the truck and just take some newspaper and painters tape and spray away provided the wind is calm.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by 07FX4Chick
Hehehe - Already one step ahead of you! I just got my new badges and I am installing them this weekend. (I was going to wait to post pictures - of them ON the truck, but now I just have to post these....but will post after I get them installed) They are made out of 6061 billet aluminum, then powder coated and paint code matched to my exact paint color.

Right-side tailgate badge

Left-side tailgate badge

Fender badges
Nice girl! I'm guessing those are from www.billetbadges.com?

Originally Posted by zeruin
I like running boards.. plus my wife is 5'2'' she has enough trouble getting in as it is already.. lol
One word: AmpPowerSteps! (Ok, it's more than one word, but I didn't use spaces so it still counts!)

- NCSU

Old 10-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Nice girl! I'm guessing those are from www.billetbadges.com?

- NCSU
You got it! It took a while (5 months - 2 months of emails exchanges - to get exactly what I wanted and 3 months to produce and ship), but I finally got them!

Sorry Zeruin, I am not trying to 'hijack' your thread!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Suspended
did you paint your LCA's?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by 07FX4Chick
You got it! It took a while (5 months - 2 months of emails exchanges - to get exactly what I wanted and 3 months to produce and ship), but I finally got them!

Sorry Zeruin, I am not trying to 'hijack' your thread!
I think it took me somewhere around 2-3 months get get mine from first contact to on the truck. Well worth it, as you said, to get exactly what you want. Plus, the quality is top notch. I've had mine on the truck for over two years now and they still look incredible.

How do the billet ovals attach to the grille? The same way the stock ones do, with some wingnuts, or with the 3M tape like the fender badges?

I'm thinking of getting Steve to cut me some ovals and badges for the tailgate. I never got around to those the first time.

- NCSU

PS: Sorry for the continued hi-jack Zeruin!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:15 PM
lol.. I dont mind the hijack, billetbadges are awesome, im just a cheapskate and bought the overlays/inlays from patriotdecals for my emblems.. went on easy enough, and no problems so far..

I dunno.. I really like the oval step bars I got, I looked into the powersteps, but like I said, I'm cheap, and they came with the truck.. I was thinking about painting the fender flares with some Krylon Fusion black satin but I think the dark grey / flat black look is tied in throughout the truck, so it doesn't look too bad, besides.. its an FX4, so its supposed to kinda look "off-roady" I keep them dressed with hyperdressing so they stay pretty glossy for being kinda flat black

anywho, I took a few more pics today before class, it looks like it wants to rain outside.. but atleast the pics are clearer (btw.. my tail lights are a lot darker than what you can see from the rear end shots.. i dunno why the camera makes them look so red)

Old 10-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Here's a couple more.. close ups

my Roush Grille painted black with Krylon Fusion black satin, and Flat black/ DSG overlays from patriotdecals.. and my 35" Toyo MTs on 20" Procomp 7005s

Old 10-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I want your grill... Can I have it.

The badges look Great too. X2

Very NIce Truck....

AirAid modular intake tube, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Line-X'd bed and fender wells, 2.5 Inch AS Level Kit and 3 inch AS Rear Block, 1 Mile range Viper 5900 SST remote start and alarm system, JL Audio Stealthbox, JL Audio 500/1, JL Audio 300/4, Alpine Type-R 6.5 inch components in front doors, Alpine Type-R 5x7's in rear doors, Alpine Iva-w505, LOTS of Dynamat, 15% Tinted windows, Billet Grills in factory H-bar and lower bumper.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Looks Awesome!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Truck looks badass man. Right on.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:51 PM
I was thinking about painting the fender flares with some Krylon Fusion black satin but I think the dark grey / flat black look is tied in throughout the truck, so it doesn't look too bad, besides.. its an FX4, so its supposed to kinda look "off-roady" I keep them dressed with hyperdressing so they stay pretty glossy for being kinda flat black
Your truck with those tires/rims would look killer with some Bushwacker extend-a-flare! Your wheels stick out enough, mine don't otherwise they'd be on my list too.

- NCSU

Old 10-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. eXtreme
I want your grill... Can I have it.
hehe.. yea, I like it too.. you can pick one up from Andy at roushoverstock on ebay for $80 shipped.. just e-mail him telling him you'll pay $80 for the grille with shipping included and that your from F-150online.com, he'll make you a deal.

It comes chrome over plastic, so just buy some Krylon Fusion and paint it whatever color you want, unless you want chrome of course.. but either way.. ya cant beat it!

Old 10-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Your truck with those tires/rims would look killer with some Bushwacker extend-a-flare! Your wheels stick out enough, mine don't otherwise they'd be on my list too.

- NCSU
yea.. I never liked bushwackers.. kinda cheezy if ya ask me.. I wanna look off-road, not red-neck.. (lol.. no offense)

honestly my trucks strictly a pavement pounder, I only use it as a truck occasionally to haul a 14" riverboat or to go camping on the guadalupe.. the bushwackers look "decent" on some trucks, but it would really kill the clean edges on mine..

Old 10-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Love your truck...I'm jealous. I would love to lift my truck and throw big wheels/tires on it but when I go on hunting trips in the fall my buddies would kill me because it would cost so much because of it guzzling gas.

The one thing I think you should had is a black chrome shorty antenna!

Old 10-17-2008, 01:08 PM
yea.. I never liked bushwackers.. kinda cheezy if ya ask me.. I wanna look off-road, not red-neck.. (lol.. no offense)

honestly my trucks strictly a pavement pounder, I only use it as a truck occasionally to haul a 14" riverboat or to go camping on the guadalupe.. the bushwackers look "decent" on some trucks, but it would really kill the clean edges on mine..
On the right truck I think they look great. You need to have a rim/tire combo with the right offset to pull it off though. I think FX4Life's truck looks great. Imagine, that, but in the best color, black!

Quick Reply: Blackout! pics inside..