2004 - 2008 F-150

Problem with the airflow redirection

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with the airflow redirection

Good morning,

I am hoping someone here can help me. This all started this time last year. I have a 2004 XLT new style. During the summer months one normally has the air blowing out thru the dash pointed directly at you. Then in the winter months normally it is else where. Anyway, last year I could not get the air to flow anywhere other than the dash vents, no matter how I turned the switch. I took it in because it was still under warranty and they replaced the master switch on the dash and all seemed well. This year it did it again. I figured the switch they replaced had gone bad and that they should replace it again at no charge.

A little more info, if I am sitting in the driveway the switch seems to work fine. It is not until I get out on the highway and put it on vent setting that I can not get it to redirect elsewhere if I turn the switch.

Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone other any suggestions. I have to pick up the truck today and I will have to pay them for nothing. They said that to diagnose it more they will have to pull the dash. I said forget about it. I will just pick it up.

Help... and thanks in advance,

Dave

Quick Reply: Problem with the airflow redirection