2004 - 2008 F-150

Crap! My truck got stolen.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SFM
key...lol..... immobilizer....lol.. what a joke. Y'all seriouosly believe that will prevent a theft? Really? ....... no seriously... really????

I had an '06 screw 4x4 stolen last Nov. They had no keys... They had no tow truck.... When the cop came to make the report he told me the newer Ford trucks.. especially the newest f250 diesel's were the top of the list for stolen trucks in Memphis. He said they can be stolen with a screwdriver.. nothing more... And.. that doesn't mean just broken into.. He went into pretty good detail about starting the truck with a screwdriver... You can steal one of these trucks as easy as you can start it with the key.

By the way.. the truck was never found.. Not one single part
I heard that the SuperDuty is very popular in Mexico, used for hauling illegals over the border, huge demand for them there! Guaranteed find, in Mexico!...

Old 06-22-2008, 11:19 AM
SFM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess the $55.00 bottle of Cielo Tequila on the passenger seat didn't help things out much:o

Old 06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
That sucks, I can't stand thieves. I have a device on mine that won't stop them from breaking in to it but they'll have a hard time driving off with it. You can check it out at Ravelco.com. Good luck with your ride.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:30 PM
i would cry like a little school girl if that happened to me good luck man hope they find it

Old 06-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Hope you find it, this is why I spent so much money on my alarm system.

it never ends.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ST Grey
That sucks, I can't stand thieves. I have a device on mine that won't stop them from breaking in to it but they'll have a hard time driving off with it. You can check it out at Ravelco.com. Good luck with your ride.
I 2nd that- when I got the '04 I was looking for a good effective alarm and came across their site. I have worked in automotive all my life and have never had much respect for alarms as being very effective. I felt that if their claim was valid- never having a vehicle stolen with a Revelco- was good enough for me. I self installed and I don't think they're ever going to want that truck bad enough to stick around long enough to get that thing started.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel for you bro.....thats terrible

Old 06-24-2008, 12:11 AM
You may be the next victim of "Overhaulin"....how sweet would that be! All kidding aside, sorry to hear about your truck

Old 06-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Where is the OP? And why hasn't he responded to any of this?

Old 06-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear.

Lojack works in areas where police have equipment in their vechicles to track your vehicle. If your part of the country has Lojack, there is one feature they sell called the Early Warning System that calls you if your vehilce is moved. They give you two lojack keyfobs you attached to each key for your vehicle and if the key fob is not present in the vehicle when it is moving then Lojack calls you on up to 5 phone numbers you supplied them with when you paid for the install. There are no recurring fees with Lojack and you cannot track your vehicle. Lojack and the police handle locating your vehicle.

There is another product called Stealth Tracking http://www.stealthtracking.com/ You can track your own vehicle(s) and variety of other options. The police are not involved with this system and they charge yearly fees....

Good Luck.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:39 AM
as i was reading this my alarm went off. wtf???

Old 07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
From watching a lot of news television, I've seen cases where missing people are searched for in an area because that is the last place a "ping" was registered by their cell phone. If it's on, and someone calls it, it supposedly creates a "ping" which can be traced to an area. Now, you're truck is not a missing person, so I don't know how far they'd go for you in that situation.

Did you simply try calling your phone to see if the thieves would answer the phone? Maybe you can ask for it back if they answer?

Old 07-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by ST Grey
Thanks for that link! I had looked and looked and looked to see what would be best to get on my car when I have the money to do so. I think I found it!

Old 07-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a system like that on my 1994 F-150. It was flat with 8 or 9 pins. It did work. Bypassed the clutch interlock, ignition and fuel pump. We tried starting with a screwdriver across the starter terminals and got nothing with it removed.

BUT...there is always a butt. If the "key" wasn't fully inserted, or got bumped the truck wouldn't start. No big deal normally. It also killed the motor dead when going down the highway and my knee hit when shifting gears...eventually I just removed it because of the hassle.

The Ravelco looks like a better system to me than what I had. But isn't it kinda annoying to have 2 sets of keys? Is it possible to put the access port near the key so you can lanyard them together?

Old 07-06-2008, 06:58 PM
It looks like it has those quick disconnect...connectors on it. Just pop it on and off.

Quick Reply: Crap! My truck got stolen.