2004 - 2008 F-150

colored led cluster test pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just swapped in blue LEDs with a blue needle kit. I'll be swapping in the FX4 cluster I have in 16,000 miles, but this works for now. As was said they're blue but a little on the teal side, and not as bright (I used the three LED bulbs linked above) but still looks pretty good. The needles being blue are really bright though.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Have you seen the No Fear Icon Skull and wing on Stylin? If I purchased this would it just be a direct replacement?

This looks bad *** man, I mean it looks like a direct replacement. I went to the NoFear website and they didnt even have anything on it. The site says it wont be avalible till Feb 11th. Would I still have to to change the blubs and stuff with this. I mean are my readings going to automaticly switch to the new areas??

Last edited by Strikeswiftly; 01-28-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Have you seen the No Fear Icon Skull and wing on Stylin? If I purchased this would it just be a direct replacement?

This looks bad *** man, I mean it looks like a direct replacement. I went to the NoFear website and they didnt even have anything on it. The site says it wont be avalible till Feb 11th. Would I still have to to change the blubs and stuff with this. I mean are my readings going to automaticly switch to the new areas??
No gauge face kit replaces the mechanics, they're all basically stickers. You take apart your cluster, pull off the needles, peel off your current gauge face, apply the new gauge face, put your needles back on and reassemble the cluster. The lighting color will depend on what type of film the manufacturer uses in their face. Most aftermarket ones I've seen, unless they say something else, are OEM colored.

Last edited by fireman137; 01-30-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Fireman, i was going to reference this post to a fellow member that is undecided on color and bulbs and i noticed all your gauge pics from the first page are gone! any way you can get those back up?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:13 PM
blue Led cluster

Old 06-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Sure man, here ya go:

Old 06-07-2009, 12:18 AM
VERY NICE FIREMAN!
is there any chance i can be the first to persuade(sp?) you into making my cluster blue as well? LOL
I did manage to change my gauge face but beyond that I'm to nervous!
aloha
Graham

Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by phatboyspam
is there any chance i can be the first to persuade(sp?) you into making my cluster blue as well?
It was a pain, since LED's have polarity I had to make sure each LED was in the right way. You'd think 50/50 chance right, seems like I messed every single one up on the first try. But, since you're in Hawaii, I might be persuaded to come out there and help you do yours!

Old 06-07-2009, 03:11 PM
hmmm... now this sounds like deal in the makings! LOL
Unfortunately, I have literally nothing to offer you other than to show you some secret beach spots, and how to keep safe from us locals! LOL
Aloha
Graham

Old 02-11-2019, 05:17 PM
jmvaught1977

Originally Posted by jmvaught1977
don't try this with the gear selection display. I ruined mine. Anyone know where I could get another one? I'll post pics later if anyone has any Qs.
Any solution for the shift indicator? Maybe a print out that can be cut out and used as a stencil? I happened to do the same thing (glad I did the smallest piece to start with) but I had no clue that the black was right underneath all the green 😞. I'm trying to find me a good full size picture of the shift indicator to print out and make a stencil with and I'll just respray it with some flat black...or maybe even make my own template with some custom letters.... But I really hope this isn't an issue with the gauges... I'd really hate to ruin them too.... Granted, the gauges I'm going to try and scan them onto my computer first so I have a copy to use as a template/stencil if needed....

Quick Reply: colored led cluster test pics