2004 - 2008 F-150

08 OEM Backup Cam Mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just to add to what Yetti said, all backup camera handles use this base part #8L3Z-9943400 They will have a two letter extension after to designate what color it is.

AC is for the plain textured black used on XLT's FX4's (w/o the lux pack) and Lariats w/o chrome pack.

AD is for the textured black bucket and a chrome pull from the Lariat chrome package.

CD is for a Mark LT version in Dark Blue Pearl

They also have a PTM version for FX2's FX4's w/lux pack and Harley Davidsons.

They also have all the other colors that were available on an 08 Mark LT.

If you need a PTM handle or an LT handle of another color, give Tasca a call at 800-915-3141 they can hook you up with the handle you need.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did mod need help on grainy picture

I did this mod this weekend. I have a 2008 f250. Running a kenwood DNX 7100 and a kenwood ccd 2000 camera. On the mod I didnt not use the box that the camera plugs into I just spliced the wire directly into the video feed from the truck and it works but picture is extremely grainy and dull coming out of the head unit but still very clear and bright on the rear view mirror. there were three wires coming off the back of the camera. Red, woven bare surrounding the other 2, and yellow. The yellow wire was tapped into the video feed from truck and the bare wire wrapped into the bare wire surrounding the wires that were factory. Need any ideas on how to get this picture clear and bright like it is on the mirror. I would appreciate any help. Here is a link to the camera and head unit I have.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...inment/DNX7100

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-CCD-2000.html

Thanks Dale

Quick Reply: 08 OEM Backup Cam Mod