2004 - 2008 F-150

New truck, new to the forum! (Pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hash278
Welcome to the forum and awesome truck by the way

One question though what made you go with the Dune Grapplers?
I would guess by the looks of the new plate on the front he just bought it... Great looking rig by the way and welcome

Old 04-28-2008, 02:54 AM
Ya I just bought the truck about 3 weeks ago. I've been planning this project rig for about a year! It took me awhile to find a black scab 5.5 fx4... I was very picky about it having every option I wanted and none I didnt. That made it even more difficult because the Scab isnt very common, nor is one with a 5.5 bed. I ended up finding the truck in Washington and I had the dealer ship it to me, it took a long time to find

In first week the truck arrived it went into the shop for the lift. I was going to do alot of the work myself but I have a good friend of the family at a local ford dealership who hooked me up with a sweet deal. Hes an accessory/fleet manager and he helped TONS in locating the truck! The deal was that he would send the truck to 4x4 Parts and let me hand pick everything that went on it; for the dealership (we had to keep it on the down low ) When the truck was completed he kept it in the backlot. I showed up and signed the papers! The reason for the madness was that I could the finance a prelifted truck from the dealer for one final price, and it would all be covered under warentee

Hash: I choose the dune grapplers for a couple reasons, I liked that they're a semi-new all terrain rated tire and not many have them. The truck is going to be driven on more sand than dirt with my hobbies, and most importantly they just looked badass

Old 04-28-2008, 03:01 AM
Thanks again for the comments and the warm welcome guys!

I'm glad to finally feel a part of this place!

Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 AM
Very Nice I love my truck but every time I see a newly lifted truck on here, I curse the day I settled for a 2 wheel drive cause now it would be pointless for me to lift it.....but anyways, welcome!!! As you already know this site makes you go broke

Old 04-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Nice Truck. Love the wheels!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great looking truck! Congrats! and Welcome

Old 04-28-2008, 01:06 PM
nice setup bro

Old 04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Very nice - love the wheels and the whole entire package!!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Graphics Contributor
nice truck love the setup. welcome.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Nice truck man. In the first post it said you have the 2.5 level on there along with the coilovers, but the picture shows no leveling kit. Just tryin to square that up.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Nice buy

Old 04-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by 4x4fanatic
Ya I just bought the truck about 3 weeks ago. I've been planning this project rig for about a year! It took me awhile to find a black scab 5.5 fx4... I was very picky about it having every option I wanted and none I didnt. That made it even more difficult because the Scab isnt very common, nor is one with a 5.5 bed. I ended up finding the truck in Washington and I had the dealer ship it to me, it took a long time to find

In first week the truck arrived it went into the shop for the lift. I was going to do alot of the work myself but I have a good friend of the family at a local ford dealership who hooked me up with a sweet deal. Hes an accessory/fleet manager and he helped TONS in locating the truck! The deal was that he would send the truck to 4x4 Parts and let me hand pick everything that went on it; for the dealership (we had to keep it on the down low ) When the truck was completed he kept it in the backlot. I showed up and signed the papers! The reason for the madness was that I could the finance a prelifted truck from the dealer for one final price, and it would all be covered under warentee

Hash: I choose the dune grapplers for a couple reasons, I liked that they're a semi-new all terrain rated tire and not many have them. The truck is going to be driven on more sand than dirt with my hobbies, and most importantly they just looked badass
LOL. And then you post for the world to see. Keep it on the down low at Future Ford...now that is funny.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
LOL. And then you post for the world to see. Keep it on the down low at Future Ford...now that is funny.
I was only kidding, it wasnt a big deal... We joked about it being a secret operation but it really wasnt... They knew about it of course.

Originally Posted by Jditta
Nice truck man. In the first post it said you have the 2.5 level on there along with the coilovers, but the picture shows no leveling kit. Just tryin to square that up.
Oops you're right, I didnt need the leveling kit with the coils. I didnt originally plan on getting the coilover kit but I got talked into it. My bad.... Brain farted. I'll take that off there. There is no leveling kit on the truck. I didnt notice I put that in there

Old 04-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Truck looks amazing, great job and welcome!!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Sweet rig man.

I see you are from Sac. I am from Davis. Check out the offroading section and the "west" section, we often plan trips/meets and it'd be cool if you came out for some of them.

Quick Reply: New truck, new to the forum! (Pic heavy)