2004 - 2008 F-150

So check this crap out

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just can't understand how they can claim it isn't their fault...I'm going to stay far away from that shop...best of luck
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Christ, you live on an island -- how far could they go?!
you'd be surprised...unless you've got the local connection, those little ****** can hide just about anywhere...he's just very lucky the truck wasn't stolen as well. they would have found it on North Shore burned to the ground

Old 04-23-2008, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylus
I just can't understand how they can claim it isn't their fault...I'm going to stay far away from that shop...best of luck
Actually I went to the shop and they gave me the green light to order the new wheels and tires and they're going to cover everything and then fight it out with their insurance company. They realize their liable and they're going to cover it all. Went to Maui Offroad today, just need to decide whether to add the leveling kit and AAL. What do you think?

you'd be surprised...unless you've got the local connection, those little ****** can hide just about anywhere...he's just very lucky the truck wasn't stolen as well. they would have found it on North Shore burned to the ground
It's amazing how fast these guys can ****** something and it's on another island. You're exactly right about finding it burned to the ground on the north shore, take a drive up there and look in those little sideroads and I'll gurantee you'll see one. One of my PO3's had her car stolen and that's exactly where they found it, stripped and burned. There are alot of people out here that that's part of their culture almost, stealing from others.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wxscpo
Went to Maui Offroad today, just need to decide whether to add the leveling kit and AAL. What do you think?
I wouldn't. your truck looks (well did) awesome right now. but at the end of the day, it is a 2wd. 20's and 35" tires looks perfect IMO

also, they have this lovely vehicle surcharge when you go to ship off the island. if it's taller than 7 ft, they charge you the price of 2 cars. allowed dimensions are 7x7x22 I believe. I had to pull my bull bar off so they wouldn't charge me because I was too long with it installed

Old 04-24-2008, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by Tylus
I wouldn't. your truck looks (well did) awesome right now. but at the end of the day, it is a 2wd. 20's and 35" tires looks perfect IMO

also, they have this lovely vehicle surcharge when you go to ship off the island. if it's taller than 7 ft, they charge you the price of 2 cars. allowed dimensions are 7x7x22 I believe. I had to pull my bull bar off so they wouldn't charge me because I was too long with it installed
Yeah I've decided against going with the lift, too expensive ($600) for 2"-3" more of lift. Plus I would have had to make up the difference between what shop is giving me and what the upgrade to larger tires would have cost. My plan now is to go with one of these wheels

1. XD Monster
2. Mazzi Hulk
3. Helo Maxx 6 (what I had)
4. XD Rockstar

As for tires I'm gonna go with Pro Comp Xtreme MT's.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:57 AM
That sucks man, maybe they will give you bigger tires

Quick Reply: So check this crap out