2004 - 2008 F-150

Anyone running these KC style lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone running these KC style lights?

I found these generic KC lights on ebay and wondering if anyone is running them. I am planning on putting a few on the brush guard and then putting some on the roof rack (as soon as I find a good deal on one of those). I know this may be the cheap way out as well, but will the KC stone guard light covers fit these as well? Any opinions on weather the blue lenses or clear lenses would look better on a yellow truck? Any help appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...213661912&rd=1

Old 03-19-2008, 09:18 AM
I batted around getting those as well as looked at the off road lights from Harbor Freight and Tractor Supply Co. In the end the quote that stuck with me is "Spend less money now and probably more later or Spend more now and not have to worry about it for the life of the truck."

With KC's 23 year warranty covering not just the housings but also the bulbs and even the relays I decided to bite the bullet on the first go round.

Although it's hard to ignore the fact that you can buy 4 complete sets of those for the same price as one set of KC's. However those don't look like they come with any wiring harnesses, switches, relays, fuses, etc...

Old 03-19-2008, 09:43 AM
I advised Jolly Green Giant the same thing when he asked. Buy the real thing. KC's are relatively cheep compared to other good off-road lights. Search for his post and you will find lots of good information.
It is easy to spot fake KC's on trucks because they rust and look like crap in a few months. I have a black set on my '91 that have been on it for 8 years and the only thing that has rusted is the little bolt that holds on the retainer ring around the lens of the light.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah, I had KC's on my Bronco and old F-150. there is a reason they are the best. because the quality is Top Tier. I'm thinking about getting a pair to fit inside my bull bar

and it is fun to freak people out with the glowing smiley face at night. the looks on their faces is hilarious

Old 03-19-2008, 08:51 PM
I think you guys talked me out of the generics. Any suggestions on where to get inexpensive KC's? Jolly Green Giant...how much did your whole light setup run? Did you set up your lights yourself or have someone do it? BTW I did end up buying that hunter brush guard....I may e-mail you if I have any questions about the install.

Last edited by Mikestyger1; 03-19-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Mikestyger1
I think you guys talked me out of the generics. Any suggestions on where to get inexpensive KC's? Jolly Green Giant...how much did your whole light setup run? Did you set up your lights yourself or have someone do it? BTW I did end up buying that hunter brush guard....I may e-mail you if I have any questions about the install.
Unless it's major surgury I do it.

Directions are a little sketchy. Just shoot me a msg with questions.

There are a couple places to get them cheapest. Mine came from TruckPerformance.com
customer service was great! after factoring in that they had free ground shipping they were cheapest and were fast. Even though I bought so many they had to dropship some.

I didn't nickel and dime my total. but roughly
$325 for 7 150watt lights with 3 lighting harnesses, fuses, relays, switches, etc...
$52 for nylon KC covers
$130 for top light bar
$232 for brush guard /w tax

Then several feet of black and red wire, a couple spare KC Heavy Duty relays (also have 23 year warranty), wire looming, flat black spray paint for mounting brackets, black silicone, zipties, etc....

I DO NOT like looking at those totals. I really should have saved the money but I love the look and function. LOL

Quick Reply: Anyone running these KC style lights?