2004 - 2008 F-150

Roush Off-Road - Dumped (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush Off-Road - Dumped (with pics)

I had been thinking about doing this for a while now, so I finally did it. I dumped my Roush off-road exhaust right behind the muffler.

I wanted to clean up the rear of my truck as I didn't like seeing the piping routed all over the place and will be installing my Mag-hytec rear differential cover in the spring. One of the tail pipes for the driver's side rear exhaust tips passes right in front of the rear diff. and with the Mag-hytec cover on, it would nearly touch it (Plus you wouldn't be able to see it as good).

So, I went to town with a hack saw and used the existing tail pipe pieces to make some turndowns, and also hacked off a few inches of the two pipes coming out of the rear of the muffler to bring it a little further away from the rear axle. Then I sprayed it with some aluminum colored high heat Duplicolor paint and bolted it back on.

I'm very happy with the new look, can't really see the exhaust which is what I wanted.

As for sound, I'll try to explain it the best I can. It seems to sound about the same when driving around as before, except maybe a little "smoother" for lack of better words. It is definitely louder in the cab however, which was to be expected. It's got some drone now, but not unbearable. Idle is fairly quiet. I have no way of making a sound clip, sorry.

It did sound better before I dumped it, but the new cleaner look is worth the slight sound sacrifice IMO. Here are the pics:

Last edited by Copenhagen848; 01-29-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Suspended
looks good.... we dont get any sound clip though???

Old 01-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Suspended
so how loud is it?

Old 01-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
I had been thinking about doing this for a while now, so I finally did it. I dumped my Roush off-road exhaust right behind the muffler.

I wanted to clean up the rear of my truck as I didn't like seeing the piping routed all over the place and will be installing my Mag-hytec rear differential cover in the spring. One of the tail pipes for the driver's side rear exhaust tips passes right in front of the rear diff. and with the Mag-hytec cover on, it would nearly touch it (Plus you wouldn't be able to see it as good).

So, I went to town with a hack saw and used the existing tail pipe pieces to make some turndowns, and also hacked off a few inches of the two pipes coming out of the rear of the muffler to bring it a little further away from the rear axle. Then I sprayed it with some aluminum colored high heat Duplicolor paint and bolted it back on.

I'm very happy with the new look, can't really see the exhaust which is what I wanted.

As for sound, I'll try to explain it the best I can. It seems to sound about the same when driving around as before, except maybe a little "smoother" for lack of better words. It is definitely louder in the cab however, which was to be expected. It's got some drone now, but not unbearable. Idle is fairly quiet. I have no way of making a sound clip, sorry.

It did sound better before I dumped it, but the new cleaner look is worth the slight sound sacrifice IMO. Here are the pics:

i been thinking about doing that with my IMCO. do you think it will sound good?

Old 01-29-2008, 07:05 PM
I have the Roush Off Road and have had alot of trouble with the clamps coming loose on the rear tailpipes....I'd consider this mod or having the pipes welded together depending on the difference in sound. IMO....I already have too much drone on the freeway and even in town when I get stuck behind slower traffic that causes the engine to run at around 1700-2000 RPM. Need sound clips bud....even el cheapo camcorder ones would be helpful.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by 06F150STX
i been thinking about doing that with my IMCO. do you think it will sound good?

Dumping your IMCO will sound incredible, thats if you dont mind the loudness in the cab...

I loved my imco dumped but after putting my system in I wanted to hear music over the exhaust so I decided to extend the pipes out on each side of my hitch. you can see the picures in my album.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by shookman34
IMO....I already have too much drone on the freeway and even in town when I get stuck behind slower traffic that causes the engine to run at around 1700-2000 RPM.
Then don't dump it - it increases the drone.

Quick Reply: Roush Off-Road - Dumped (with pics)