2004 - 2008 F-150

Am I the only one on here that.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by etrevino103186
just tonight I was went to Wal-Mart parked towards the front, for obvious reasons. If I park far away there is always some douche that parks next to me, plus the possibility it being more likely to be vandalized. Anyways, I'm walking out and there is a guy standing next to a van about 20' away smoking a cig, little suspicious, I didn't know what he was going to do. Well I cut the distance in half and put my cart away and he comes up to me and says "I hope you don't mind me asking but what size tires you got" I tell him. Then he says "That is a gorgeous truck." I thanked him, and walked away feeling good.
With just my 2.5in kit and 35's I have gotten more compliments than I can remember. It is nice that there are people that do appreciate the things we do to our trucks, even if many other's don't. I'll get that 6in lift after the wedding and hopefully get a few more compliments, but either way, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that this is MY truck!!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:12 PM
yeah i just got 35's for mine about 1,000 miles ago, but i'm gonna order 37's in february. and i had new 20's didn't like them so i ordered new ones about 300 miles later. so my wife thinks that is crazy, and yes she stays pissed off about buying stuff for it! maybe crazy, but i'm doing it anyway. i work to make money, so i might as well spend it. it's what i want, so why not!

Last edited by bone79; 01-31-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:20 PM
I'll tell ya a good little story.

My wife is a Dallas Cowboys fan and we were living in Dallas. I got my bonus in February and I decided to suprise her and buy season tickets. But I waited till her birthday in August to tell her about it.

When I gave her the gift she asked me where I got the money. I said...my bonus. She asked "Back in february?!?" I said yes. She retorts with...

"I thought you spent all that money on your stupid motorcycle!"

She hasn't complained since about what I spend my money on. Sure I get some eye rolling and such...but no complaining. And all my friends are motorcycle people so they understand the sickness.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 PM
spend it like there's no tomorrow..

i have to first off say, all of you are a great group of people. i spend a great deal of money on my race cars and some on my truck. i love what i drive and i want it to be nice and different than all the others. i found that the way out is to buy my wife stuff for her drag car/street car. the 71 boss in my albumn belongs to my wife so we both are happy....

Old 02-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Congrats to you, and you'd better dump the fiance. Just think if she was your wife 9or maybe you mean she just gives you ome good natured kidding). Mods are part hobby, part addiction--some folks like us derive emense enjoyment form their rides. We spend enough time in them, and sometimes the to and from work in them is a highlight in the day. So mod on brother!

Old 02-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always upgrade my vehicles, my cars, my bike, and now my truck.

At first my family was a little uneasy about it but after just selling my 5th vehicle and making a VERY decent profits (made 6K), they see there is a method to my madness.

Some people say mods can decrease the value of a truck, I say bull****. I have NEVER not made money on a vehicle sale. There is always a market and key upgrades put your sale ahead of the average unit out there.

So have fun with it and look at it as an investment.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one on here that.....