2004 - 2008 F-150

Silver Star/ HID lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bshipley78
I put the Silverstar H13 bulbs in my 05' and I think that they were worth every penny...I actually got them at Advanced Auto on sale for like $27...don't know if they are still that price, I would have gone with the new Silverstar Ultra's but they didn't have any on hand at the time... the Silverstars are supposed to be 35% brighter than stock and the Ultra's are 50% brighter.
I say do it...
HID's are nice but too pricey for me.
Yeah i think im definitly going for the silverstars. HID's are way to expsensive for now. I just want a cheap way to see better at night.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridinon22's
Yes thats half the fun blinded by HIDS I PAY TO PLAY there DOT approved so tint your windows and you wont have the problem
You sure about that?

Try to convince the police of that when they write you a fat ticket for them or the jury when you're on trial for the family you blinded and killed.

They may be DOT approved in the proper HID housing. Not as some half *** retrofit plug and play in a stock unit. The components may be DOT approved but that's it.

Are these XENON HID light systems street legal?

Every jurisdiction has its own rules and regulations governing the use of automotive lighting. XENON HID lighting systems that are supplied with the vehicles from the factory are DOT approved.

NO XENON HID conversion kit available from any source is DOT approved if installed outside of the factory. Moreover, in the U.S, this is not street legal for use on public roads. As a result, we officially endorse the kit for exhibition and off-road use and will only sell the kit to be used for these purposes. We are not responsible for buyers who violate the terms of sale while in which they will assume all responsibilities for any unauthorized or unintended use other than exhibition or off-road use.
Off-Road Only: Any change to the stock lighting voids the DOT approval for any vehicle with a bulb rating. All US DOT approved vehicles with a bulb rating are subject to this strict requirement. As such, our kits are sold as OFF-ROAD only.

My windows are tinted. Doesn't do a damn thing for when I'm meeting one of you big balla's with your cool lights head on.

I'm glad you're getting your kicks by endangering other motorists, though.

Last edited by quackrstackr; 01-11-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:16 PM
HID's might be great but if they don't have the proper cut off point it really sucks for everyone except for the driver. I usually don't have a problem getting blinded while I'm in the truck but in the car it's constant and seems alot of factory HID's are blinding as well. I don't see why someone would think it's funny to cause people move out of the way when your behind them. That is just plain ignorance

Old 01-11-2008, 02:21 PM
i got pulled over once for speeding \, the cop also noticed my blueish color hids in my projectors so he told me the head lights have to be white or yellow other then that they would be fine. so being that i was getting sick of my projectors i took them off and put the stock ones back on, the projectors had a blue lens so it made them really blue almost green, and now since they are just a little blue ive even followed cops with them on with no problems......i have 8000k

Old 01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by dkstone05
HID's might be great but if they don't have the proper cut off point it really sucks for everyone except for the driver. I usually don't have a problem getting blinded while I'm in the truck but in the car it's constant and seems alot of factory HID's are blinding as well. I don't see why someone would think it's funny to cause people move out of the way when your behind them. That is just plain ignorance
don't have a single problem with my truck and its hids... no in oncoming traffics eyes, and with factory height setting/aiming

Old 01-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Grafix Ink.
don't have a single problem with my truck and its hids... no in oncoming traffics eyes, and with factory height setting/aiming
yes as long as you re-aim after you drop or lift or even jsut level or different tires then there is a cut off and doesnt blind

Old 01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
yes as long as you re-aim after you drop or lift or even jsut level or different tires then there is a cut off and doesnt blind
true enough...

Old 01-11-2008, 03:10 PM
That's all that counts. Seems like yours is good to go then.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
Take a picture at night of your headlights shining on a wall, say 20 ft back or so, and then post it up here.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by -=Rio-GTS=-
Take a picture at night of your headlights shining on a wall, say 20 ft back or so, and then post it up here.
lol yeah i'll get on that,
why? you expecting a hard cut off line from like a projector housing? if so your not gonna get it...
but the lightning headlights do project an uneven cut off line with minimal to no glare. and i didn't aim them lower.. just matched the aim to my original factory headlight levels

Last edited by Grafix Ink.; 01-11-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Is there a step by step guide on installing, i ordered mine a while ago and they should come either tomorrow or monday

Old 01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Speedy8
Is there a step by step guide on installing, i ordered mine a while ago and they should come either tomorrow or monday
what? hids?
depending on the kit and wireing harness you get depending if its high quality or not.

pretty much you plug into your stock harness into a ballast, from the ballast o the igniter, from the igniter into your bulb. sounds alot more complicated then it is.. very simple (just do not touch the bulb what so ever with your hands)

Old 01-11-2008, 04:08 PM
ol yeah i'll get on that,
why? you expecting a hard cut off line from like a projector housing? if so your not gonna get it...
but the lightning headlights do project an uneven cut off line with minimal to no glare. and i didn't aim them lower.. just matched the aim to my original factory headlight levels
Not expecting a cut off line at all, just curious how bad the glare is. For you to say you aren't blinding anyone may be a a subjective statement. A picture would just show us what you consider OK.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:16 PM
what? hids?
depending on the kit and wireing harness you get depending if its high quality or not.

pretty much you plug into your stock harness into a ballast, from the ballast o the igniter, from the igniter into your bulb. sounds alot more complicated then it is.. very simple (just do not touch the bulb what so ever with your hands)
Yea i ordered bi xenon h13/9008's

Old 01-11-2008, 04:47 PM
I've been wanting to get the Silverstars for a while now, but just haven't. Can someone post a link or something of what the exact lights are I should be looking for? I'm not into changing harnesses and all that. I want to take the old bulb out and put a better one in.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Silver Star/ HID lights?