2004 - 2008 F-150

Window Switch Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Switch Lights

Some of my window switch lights on my driver's side door only periodically light up. Some days they work and some days they dont. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how to fix it. Gotta be a lose connection there somewhere so I'm guessing they just have to be cleaned/tightened up. I know how to get the switch out of the door, but how do you get the buttons off b/c thats where I'm guessing the bulbs are. Thanks.

'04 SCab

Old 01-10-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't know if my driver's side do it, but the passenger side lights go out if the window lock is on.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Hitched_Gibson
I don't know if my driver's side do it, but the passenger side lights go out if the window lock is on.
I thought that at first too. But it's unrelated. The lights on the drivers side door is unaffected by the window lock.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by n8er00
I thought that at first too. But it's unrelated. The lights on the drivers side door is unaffected by the window lock.
Gottcha. Well, Good luck.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Mine do the same thing. My drivers side window switch does not light up at all anymore. They are LED's so they aren't easy to replace. You can get the entire switch module on Ebay for about $35.

Here is how to get the switches out of the door:
Pop open panel (A) with screwdriver. Remove two screws (B and C). Remove the surround from around the door handle. Then pry the switch module out of the door.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:53 PM
i dont see why you would have to take the panel around the handel to take of the panel with the switches then again I have not taken mine off but from the pictures it looks like you shouldnt have to

Old 01-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ridinon22's
i dont see why you would have to take the panel around the handel to take of the panel with the switches then again I have not taken mine off but from the pictures it looks like you shouldnt have to
Yeah....that may not be necessary. I haven't done it myself either but I came across this picture and directions somewhere so I kept them in case I do decide to replace mine. I will probably just wait until more of them go out. It's not a big deal to me.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Question/Favor: Can someone with a good panel please go out and check their truck and tell me exactly which buttons/switches are supposed to light up on the driver's side panel? You may need to start your truck for this or turn the key for accessories...and obviously turn on the lights. I just had my module replaced today because the driver's window switch was quirky. But I don't know if the mirror or window lock switches are supposed to light up. They currently don't. But I can't remember if they ever did. All that lights up are my four window switches and door lock switch.

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Guigster
Question/Favor: Can someone with a good panel please go out and check their truck and tell me exactly which buttons/switches are supposed to light up on the driver's side panel? You may need to start your truck for this or turn the key for accessories...and obviously turn on the lights. I just had my module replaced today because the driver's window switch was quirky. But I don't know if the mirror or window lock switches are supposed to light up. They currently don't. But I can't remember if they ever did. All that lights up are my four window switches and door lock switch.

Thanks!
The mirror and window lock switches should not light up.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jjr8214
The mirror and window lock switches should not light up.
dito

Old 01-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Cool, thanks! I feel better now.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by jjr8214
Mine do the same thing. My drivers side window switch does not light up at all anymore. They are LED's so they aren't easy to replace. You can get the entire switch module on Ebay for about $35.

Here is how to get the switches out of the door:
Pop open panel (A) with screwdriver. Remove two screws (B and C). Remove the surround from around the door handle. Then pry the switch module out of the door.

the switch panel should just pop right off

Old 01-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Hey not to jack your thread but I had a quick request. Can anyone post pics of the underside of your switch panel on the drivers side door. I am thinking about getting new door panels in he near future and I wanted to know if the wiring kit I put in for my aftermarket power windows will work with the stock F150 switches.

Quick Reply: Window Switch Lights