2004 - 2008 F-150

Roush rear exit legal or off road

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush rear exit legal or off road

Hello, I wanted to find out if any one has the Roush legal exhaust and if you do can I get a sound clip of it. I have searched everywhere and can only find clips of the off road. I have decided to go with roush exhaust and I cant decide on what to get. I dont want to wake up the neighbors everytime I leave the house, but I do like the way the off-road exhaust sounds!!! . but I really want to hear the legal version before I buy the cat back exhast. Can anyone help??? Also where is the best place to buy the exhaust, is it at the Wood house (roush performance). Also I decided to order the S&B CAI for the truck, has anyone got one on their truck and what are your thoughts about the product?:santa:

I Just bought an 06 King Ranch f150. Its my first Ford every, I am looking forward to comparing it to the other truck makers out there!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 05:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the Roush Off Road exhaust. I was nervous about it being too loud. I had a lengthy thread in the exhaust section about it. I can honestly say it won't cause the neighbors to wake up/lose sleep. I work nights and roll into the driveway at about 1AM and nobody has complained, not even my wife. I absolutely love the exhaust tone. Perfect at any speed.

The kit is very well made and is easy to install. Which ever one you go with you'll be happy with.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:33 PM
It's a very nice kit....the only time the off-road is loud per se is during cold start ups.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:47 PM
i have the offroad and wouldn't change it....i love it...sounds awesome....nice under WOT

Old 12-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Roush exhaust is made by Borla, right!? If so, my Borla exhaust may be similar to the legal version. Or not. Anyway, I have a soundbite of the Borla in my gallery. I too found nothing but Off-Road soundbites. Past that, my research has definitely shown Mike Roth at Woodhouse Auto to have the best pricing, etc. for the Roush exhaust setups:

http://www.woodhousestore.com/servle...rt=17&total=32

Oh, and "I do like the way the off-road exhaust sounds!!!" is the only thing that matters! Don't worry about the neighbors ... it's not like you're starting up a jet engine or anything. Just go with the off-road.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the Legal Exhaust & Love it!.....Just right!.......

Old 12-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GordoPanocho
Roush exhaust is made by Borla, right!? If so, my Borla exhaust may be similar to the legal version. Or not. Anyway, I have a soundbite of the Borla in my gallery. I too found nothing but Off-Road soundbites. Past that, my research has definitely shown Mike Roth at Woodhouse Auto to have the best pricing, etc. for the Roush exhaust setups:

http://www.woodhousestore.com/servle...rt=17&total=32

Oh, and "I do like the way the off-road exhaust sounds!!!" is the only thing that matters! Don't worry about the neighbors ... it's not like you're starting up a jet engine or anything. Just go with the off-road.
Yeah, from looking at your site that Borla kit is just about identical to the Roush legal kit.

Quick Reply: Roush rear exit legal or off road