2004 - 2008 F-150

Anyone have Rancho 9000XL in front?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have Rancho 9000XL in front?

Looking for pics or report on anyone running 9000XL'x out in front. I have em in rear, will purchase soon for front. I'm not getting the quicklift, just the std height units... Best price so far $305/pair.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Power Kid
Looking for pics or report on anyone running 9000XL'x out in front. I have em in rear, will purchase soon for front. I'm not getting the quicklift, just the std height units... Best price so far $305/pair.

Sorry I don't have them on front... But how do you like them so far on the rear? I know a few months ago you were contemplating getting them... How do you like them?

Old 11-05-2007, 02:53 PM
I put em on back in July. I like them. I experimented quite a bit with the 1-9 adjustment. Especially when loaded with my big camper. #9 is just plain silly. Incredible stiff. Now when pulling camper I dail em to 6 or 7. Not sure I'd need to though.

My front shocks are still original and I have noticed over rough train tracks etc that the front end hits hard and there is no reaction from the back end so I think they're working fine. Very curious to put em on the front and see what happens.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Power Kid
I put em on back in July. I like them. I experimented quite a bit with the 1-9 adjustment. Especially when loaded with my big camper. #9 is just plain silly. Incredible stiff. Now when pulling camper I dail em to 6 or 7. Not sure I'd need to though.

My front shocks are still original and I have noticed over rough train tracks etc that the front end hits hard and there is no reaction from the back end so I think they're working fine. Very curious to put em on the front and see what happens.

Agreed, #9 is unusable for anything that a 1/2 ton truck SHOULD see. I once had it on level 9 just to test it out; I hit a bump and I think it was that jolt that knocked one of my fillings loose.

Anyway, if you do decide to get the XL's in front, be sure to keep us posted on your likie/no-likie status.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:16 PM
They are in today... Will drive soon and let you know. Look good....

Quick Reply: Anyone have Rancho 9000XL in front?