2004 - 2008 F-150

13.54@101 with some DR's and cool weather!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black3v

1) 4.10's, 275/50-17 M&H drag radials.

2) Suspension is just a Belltech 2/4 with no traction bars and stock shocks.

3) Tranny is stock

4) I was launching off idle and not really brake torquing it and the tires did very well at 25 psi which was good bc I did not want to go lower and risk the *** end of the truck swaying at 100mph+.

1) The 4.10’s should be just about right for the track and still not sacrifice too much MPG. I have not personally used the M&H DR’s, nor heard anything good or bad. I did however use their DOT street slick and it was horrible. From there I went with the Hoosier DOT street slick and it was stellar on the track!!!! I then went with the MT DR and have not looked back. Since my Mustang sees more street time than track, the radial was the better choice.
2) Regarding the suspension, I guess it all depends on how fast you want to accelerate. I’ve never seen drag shock for this body style, but then again, I’ve never looked. You definitely could benefit from some weight transfer.
3) This is a problem. Unless you beef this up, I suppose your 60ft should stay as is. If you try to improve on the 60ft time, you’re going to eventually break that tranny.
4) On the street, I run my MT DR’s at 23 PSI. At the track I run them at 14 PSI. Keep in mind that my tires are screwed to my rims too. I have already experienced the wheel spinning in the tire dilemma. BTW, your truck will not “sway” if you’re just running it down the ¼ mile. Even LESS so with DR’s due to the stiffer sidewall when compared to a DOT street slick, or all-out-slick.

I think you’re caught in a catch 22 at this point Black3v !!!!! If you want to go ANY FASTER with what you already have, you HAVE to improve you 60ft time. Plain and simple. BUT (there’s always a but), in order to improve those 60ft times, you are now at the delicate point of breaking stuff. The only way to fully utilize those DR’s is to let the PSI down to the point where they hook. If you do this though, you will definitely spin the rim in the tire for 2 reasons : 1. your GVW and your low end TQ from the SC’er. The solution is to screw the tire to the rim.

Once you have the DR situation under control, you now have to worry about breaking that tranny. It’s the endless battle to want to go faster. All it takes are $$$.

Last edited by rms8; 11-05-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Makes me want to have get some sticky tires and take my truck to the track.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Makes me want to have get some sticky tires and take my truck to the track.
me too

nice numbers Black3V! Very impressive!!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks for remembering Black 3V.. but I don't really want them anymore.
I'm almost done with this truck. The time is coming to step up to somthing faster.

My best 60' time on my truck PRE-blower was a 1.93. Mostly 1.95-1.99 though. You are losing some of the launch power into the rear springs.

I may end up finishing my truck up this coming spring and running it a few times at the track.. don't really know yet.

Drag springs in the front would be a good idea, but I almost guarentee somthing will break. I broke the spring perches off my rear axle housing.. Smokin broke somthing in his rear, and FX4 matt broke his U-joint... it's only a matter of time.

If yo ugot drag springs, you would have to get something to keep the pinion from climbing the ring gear as fast. Traction bars of some sort.

But I agree with you.. 13.5 in a daily driven screw is imressive. Some of the other screws on this site are running right at 14 seconds and I always news there was more in them.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by khendrix2374
Drag springs in the front would be a good idea, but I almost guarentee somthing will break. I broke the spring perches off my rear axle housing.. Smokin broke somthing in his rear, and FX4 matt broke his U-joint... it's only a matter of time.
Screw2004 snapped a leaf spring with 4.56s only.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:41 PM
I forgot about him. There's probably more.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Congrats Black3v

Originally Posted by khendrix2374
Some of the other screws on this site are running right at 14 seconds and I always news there was more in them.
Yep on California 91 octane, no long tubes, heavy 22"s and a baby seat in the back

Old 11-06-2007, 06:31 PM
i think if you launch at a lil higher rpm you'll be able to drop another 1/10th maybe.....
also how the hell did you p/u 7/10th's just from weather/tires, my et only dropped 1/10th

too bad you can only run like that when its 65* out......

Old 11-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1sweetsvt
i think if you launch at a lil higher rpm you'll be able to drop another 1/10th maybe.....
also how the hell did you p/u 7/10th's just from weather/tires, my et only dropped 1/10th

too bad you can only run like that when its 65* out......
You have A race truck set up by factory we have a truck that spins like H@!! So I can see tire and Traction bar and temp helping a lot

Quick Reply: 13.54@101 with some DR's and cool weather!!