2004 - 2008 F-150

SRS repair questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SRS repair questions

I am repairing a damaged 05 Supercab F-150 that deployed the driver's air bag only. First off, where is the SRS control module located? I have removed the black 3 sided trim piece from the hump, below the radio area but don't see it yet.
Also is it possible the seatbelt pretensioners don't always go off during an air bag deployment? The right and left pretensioners look OK and the collapsable black trim looks to be an even length on both. Thanks

Old 10-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The module is under the center front seat or center console, whichever that truck has. And it's possible that the pretensioners may not have deployed, but you need to replace the module for starters and go from there.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's under the carpet, under the center front seat.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I couldn't get back to thank you guys for the info. Somehow I got blacklisted. See here: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=307217
I had to re-register under a new name!!! I have no idea what happened there. Appreciate any help.

ANYWAY.......back to my question..... I found the module.
The drivers [left] pretensioner looks like the cable is moved up inside the black tube compared to the right hand one. Stands to reason as the drivers airbag popped and the passengers did not. [I assume single occupant at time of accident]

Old 11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm back after being blacklisted twice!
I have looked into this a bit more and will be attempting a fix soon with a reset module, a new airbag and a drivers seat pretensioner. My question: I have always had pretty good luck with damaged Fords as far as bolting on replacement SRS parts and getting the light to go out. However, my collision shop guy says I should take the truck to Ford and have them re-connect all SRS parts. They can scan as they go. He says if a wire is pinched I could blow a bag re-attaching something!
Opinions??

Old 11-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
don't play with it unless you've been trained on it.

airbags can kill you

Quick Reply: SRS repair questions