2004 - 2008 F-150

07 Screw XLT questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Screw XLT questions

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of shopping for an 07 Screw XLT to replace my Toyota 4runner. Here's where I'm at with my questions/decisions.

The 07's are going fast, so I don't have the luxury of getting exactly what I want. I initially wanted captains chairs, but after sitting in some today, I like the 40-20-40 configuration quite a bit. The seats are comfortable, and as an outside salesman I can use the middle section to hold my laptop or as a workspace. Cabin storage will be limited, but I don't store a lot of stuff in there anyway. It should be fine. Thoughts/opinions?

Color is something that shouldn't be a big issue, but of course it is to me. I'm torn between the redfire, dark shadow grey, and the dark blue. Shadow grey is the front runner right now. Cool color.

Does anyone have a width measurement that INCLUDES the side mirrors? The brochure has the overall width listed at 76", but for whatever reason that doesn't include the mirrors. I hope the mirrors retract easily or else I'm not going to be able to get this bad-boy into my garage.

Now for the pricing. I can get a reasonably loaded 4x4 XLT 5.4L V8 for $28,450 after rebates. I'm probably going to to opt for the 0% financing option which will forfeit $3500 of that, leaving me with a price before taxes of $31,950. OTD should be a hair under $35,000. I should again note that this particular model will have the chrome package, tow package, power adj. pedals, rear sliding window, etc. I can get the Redfire for around $750 without many of these options.

So what do you think? Too much, pretty good? I'm in sales, and the deal sounds good to me. It's a pretty loaded truck and will be an excellent tow vehicle for right around $30,000.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My 2007 Screw fits into my new 3 car garage witch has standard doors, just be CAREFUL getting in & backing up! Sounds like a good deal to me, I have dark blue pearl.............

Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 AM
I recently bought a Redfire XLT 5.4 4x4 equipped similarly to what you're looking at. Paint choices for me were the Redfire or the Dark Shadow Grey. Both are great, I just happened to find a good deal on a red one first. I really like the color and I really like the grey too, so it was a toss-up. I was wanting the 40-20-40 too, but the truck I found had captain's chairs. I like them just fine and the console is HUGE, but for your purposes, the bench might be better.

The deal you mentioned sounds pretty good. A local dealer here was giving employee pricing for one week, so I jumped on mine then. Mine has chrome package, 5.4, 3.55 limited-slip, skid plates, tow package, premium 6-CD stereo, cap's chairs, and power seat. Sticker was $36,500 - I got it for $28,094.

Sorry I don't have a measurement for you, but I might be able to do it later. Good luck with your search.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks

I've done a lot more research, and $28K is a pretty good offer. The thing is, that price includes a $3500 rebate that I won't get if I opt for the 0% financing. That's OK, and it actually gives me some leverage on my trade. I'm trying to get rid of a 2007 Toyota 4runner, and there's no doubt they'll soak me on a trade in. If that's the case, I'll sell the Toyo on my own and wait for the 0% offer to hit the 2008 F150's. If you're familiar with Ford, you know that they won't wait long past January to start moving the 2008's. Either way, when it's all said and done I'll be looking at an approximate price of $30K for a new F150. That's pretty good.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
You should find out what your bottom line price is at the end of your payments. I was offered the same deal. Once I added up my payments, it was cheaper to buy the truck with the rebates and financing, than to give up the rebates for the 0%. The best deal is the one where you spend the least amount of money.

Quick Reply: 07 Screw XLT questions