2004 - 2008 F-150

Anyone close to Madisonville, KY

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone close to Madisonville, KY

If you've got a 6/135 pattern and wouldn't mind trying a 20"rim with 285/50 Hankooks please contact me. I'm trying to see if the problem is with my truck of the new wheel/tire. Thanks, No problem greasing your palm if so inclined.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:41 PM
What's happining Penrod?

Problems with the truck again?

Old 09-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Howdy kh. Yep, every and I mean every mod I've added to this truck has had issues. Adaptable seat, drop kit, exhaust, and now wheels and tires. The lifting/turny seat still sticks, not satisfied with the McGaughy's drop kit, the Magnaflow SI/DO "Lightning style" exhaust makes a funky sound (like there's a leak) under load and at 53mph the rear wheels/tires will make your kidneys bleed. Don't get me wrong I love the F150 but I obviously pissed off the Mopar God when I traded the Dak for a Ford and he's having a blast with my Ford.

Oh, my Dad's friend installed the carrier bearing relocator that McGaughy said was needed to fix the slight vib in the drive line at take off. Guess what....yep, that wasn't the problem. Ford issued a bulletin concerning the issue of vibration and all that was needed was a shim to adj the penion angle. BUT since I'd moved the CB the shims from Ford didn't completely correct the problem. So I've still got a very slight vib at take off.

On a lighter note, the CATS beat the Hogs today and are now 4-0. GO BIG BLUE!!

How's your life?

Almost forgot, what's your opinion on Hudson's body shop. I've got the FX grille and valance and the Roush hood scoop and called the HMFIC of the body shop and he quoted me $250 to paint and install the parts. Sounds like a helluva deal......if the workmanship is excellent. Your thoughts??

Last edited by Penrod; 09-23-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:29 PM
man im glad my 150 is problem free but i havent lifted it either...

Old 09-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Sounds like a bad deal with the mods. Hopefully it will all pan out and everything will get resolved.

I have no personal experience with the Hudson Body shop. They have painted a few things for some people I know and they all turned out good.

Strike up a conversation about the shop manager's drag car and get him talking about that... that might get him down to a "friend" level instead of just "another" customer.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:08 AM
KH, I'll eventually get the mods worked out. I'm heading back to Clarksville in the a.m. for new rear tires. Thinking of switching to Eibach leafs/shackles for the rear. Exhaust is going to a speed shop in E'ville recommended by a motorhead. This week is going to be one long road trip. I still need a tonneau and I'll be hitting Rob up for a better stereo soon.

I'm going to give Hudson body shop a try. Thanks for the inside track with the manager, should help us get acquainted.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi, Penrod. I'm actually from Madisonville and have had experience with Hudson Body Shop (not Hudson Ford -- well, I have had experience with Pennyrile Ford but, those days are gone, huh?). Hudson, in my opinion, is only second to the shop that is over behind Fugate Furniture (it's something else now -- across 41 from Hardees) - I can't remember what that place is called.

Also, going to copy this into the regional forum so, be sure to check there for possible responses as well.

Quick Reply: Anyone close to Madisonville, KY