2004 - 2008 F-150

04' power window cable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When mine fell down, I was out to lunch, I had my $400 spotting scope just laying out in plain site on the back seat. Not to mention CD's, avalanche beacon, tools, etc..... Fortunately I live in Crested Butte where everyone leaves thier doors unlocked on thier vehicles and houses. It's starting to snow already and I'll be really pissed if I come out to a truck full of snow if one of the other windows decides to roll down. Guess I better start keeping survey stakes in my truck in case it happens, cause the one holding up the drivers window is doing a heck of a job.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:02 PM
you had to pull the pannel off the put the stake in right? nothing i could do while i was out and it fails again.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:01 PM
I just picked it up 305 OTD

Old 10-03-2007, 08:51 PM
No problem. Prices do vary dealership to dealership. Im not sure if you can call it luck, but luckily I was already planning to rip apart my door to replace my mirror, which I broke, so I killed 2 birds w/ one stone. I got my mirror from fordparts.com, they charged me like $80. The dealership here in town quoted the mirror @ around $150 and the worst dealership in the world back home (Lawley Motors) quoted me @ over $200! Also luckily both my regulators went out at work in a secure parking lot. Hopefully these new ones last longer.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Taking it in Monday to have it fixed. They first started out by saying "oh, thats going to be at least $250 for the parts and at least $200 for labor", but after I laid out all the info I have got from the forums here, they changed thier tune to the amount of $233 out the door, before taxes of course. So thanks to everyone for thier help, makes a big difference when you go to the stealership and you know what you are talking about and have prices for parts. Now I just hope the other 3 windows don't crap out.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Well mine just did the same thing. Passenger front window. 100k miles on my 04. I pulled it apart and was able to respool it. But the cables were kinked up from my wife pushing the button up and down a few times thinking that would fix it. anyway the plastic part that the cable mounts to cracked. I was able to rig it for a temp fix until I find parts.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 PM
has anyone ordered the window regulator assembly from anywere? Fordparts.com doesn't have a very good description of what it contains. I don't want to go to a junkyard if this is a common problem

Old 10-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by gregerm
has anyone ordered the window regulator assembly from anywere? Fordparts.com doesn't have a very good description of what it contains. I don't want to go to a junkyard if this is a common problem
Although fordparts.com is vague in thier description, it is all you need and it is all there. I cannot find the phone number I called to verify, but I found one on the site. Id look up the part for you but the site is down right now.

Quick Reply: 04' power window cable?