2004 - 2008 F-150

Question for Ranger / former Ranger owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for Ranger / former Ranger owners

Posted here because I don't have time to locate and search the Ranger sites.
Simple question, on a 1998 XLT Ranger, how you you remove with breaking, the center Dashboard trim panel that goes around the top A/C ducts, Radio and Heater/AC controls on the bottom. The cigarette lighter/power point has dropped off the back side I need to reattach it. I've "inherited" my kids Ranger for the year while shes attending Georgetown U back in D.C. So I'm finally "breaking" it in, only had 21,000 miles on it when we bought it for her in 2000 while she was in high school. So my 2004 F150 is resting while I'm playing with Mr. Ranger, putting the miles on him and his tires instead of the expensive 17inchers on the F150. Yep the 3.0 is whole different world from the 5.4, but it sure kept her from getting traffic citiations Thanks in advance, BB

Old 09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Getting that trim piece off is simple.

1. Remove the two screws below radio/above A/C panel

2. Grab and pull.

It's held in with the standard little metal clips and comes on and off super simple.

From that point if you want it all the way off you will have to unplug the lighter, power port, radio, 4wd switch (if equipped), or you can just hold it and reattach/attach whatever you're working on then put it back.

I've had the dash on my '99 Ranger taken appart more times than I probably should have... lol

Old 09-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=rngprerunner]Getting that trim piece off is simple.

1. Remove the two screws below radio/above A/C panel

2. Grab and pull.

WAAAY too easy, didn't see the 2 screws on the bottom. Dark glasses in the shade etc, etc. Thanks for the quick reply and info, repair has been completed Regards, BB

Old 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by roadawg
Posted here because I don't have time to locate and search the Ranger sites.
Simple question, on a 1998 XLT Ranger, how you you remove with breaking, the center Dashboard trim panel that goes around the top A/C ducts, Radio and Heater/AC controls on the bottom.

WITH breaking as stated is easy. Hammer and a good swing.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Quick Reply: Question for Ranger / former Ranger owners