2004 - 2008 F-150

Wanted to know your opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanted to know your opinions

Well I just bought a 2005 STX 4x4 with the 4.6. Here are my plans as of right now and I would like to know you guys's opinions.

IN PROGRESS:

Volant Intake
Longtubes
Dual Exhaust(diagonal exits with flowmasters 40's)
X CAL 2 from Troyer
4.56's or 4.88's front and rear with Eaton Posi's
3'' Skyjacker Lift
3'' Body lift
Front full brush gaurd and taillight gaurds
500,000 candle watt remote spotlight
Warn 12000 lb winch
35'' BFG mud terrains
Head and taillight blackouts
Two tone running boards to Rhino Lined around the way around truck

FUTURE UPGRADES:

GT mustang cam and cam gears
Roush S/C setup
P/P heads, intakes, throttle body

The future upgrades wont come until probably when the truck is paid off. But As for the other upgrades are what Im working on. Not necessarily in that order but they will be done in the correct order. The performance upgrades, Im trying to wait until winter to do just because of christmas, but Im trying to get all the show stuff done now. Right now I have gauges, 1200 watt system, 12'' flipdown screen, PS2, 8'' LCD screen on the dash, billet grills top and bottom, fender flares, light bar with (3) 150 watt lights and a rear view camera with night vision. Im going for show interior and offroad exterior. Some of you may think it to be kinda ricey but Im use to show car interiors and thats what Im going for. Not much but its a start. Ill post pics when I figure out how to.

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by f150silver05; 08-08-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ditch the Volant and Flowmasters....otherwise it sounds like it should be pretty cool.

Watcha got for a stereo??

Old 08-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by f150silver05
Well I just bought a 2005 STX 4x4 with the 4.6. Here are my plans as of right now and I would like to know you guys's opinions.

IN PROGRESS:

Volant Intake
Longtubes
Dual Exhaust(diagonal exits with flowmasters 40's)
X CAL 2 from Troyer
4.56's or 4.88's front and rear with Eaton Posi's
3'' Skyjacker Lift
3'' Body lift
Front full brush gaurd and taillight gaurds
500,000 candle watt remote spotlight
Warn 12000 lb winch
35'' BFG mud terrains
Head and taillight blackouts
Two tone running boards to Rhino Lined around the way around truck

FUTURE UPGRADES:

GT mustang cam and cam gears
Roush S/C setup
P/P heads, intakes, throttle body

The future upgrades wont come until probably when the truck is paid off. But As for the other upgrades are what Im working on. Not necessarily in that order but they will be done in the correct order. The performance upgrades, Im trying to wait until winter to do just because of christmas, but Im trying to get all the show stuff done now. Right now I have gauges, 1200 watt system, 12'' flipdown screen, PS2, 8'' LCD screen on the dash, billet grills top and bottom, fender flares, light bar with (3) 150 watt lights and a rear view camera with night vision. Im going for show interior and offroad exterior. Some of you may think it to be kinda ricey but Im use to show car interiors and thats what Im going for. Not much but its a start. Ill post pics when I figure out how to.

Let me know what you guys think.
Looks good.

Although, using the term 'performance ugrades' in the same post as Volant and FartMaster 40's is a Non Sequitur.

Seriously, you could choose better components than those two if performance is what you really are after - if it's just sound an looks, then that's fine too.

When ordering your TP Xcal2, ask about this. Good luck!

Cheers
Bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 08-08-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Ditch the Volant and Flowmasters....otherwise it sounds like it should be pretty cool.

Watcha got for a stereo??
2 10'' MTX subs, rear seat box, and sony xplod 1200 watt amp. Im actually looking for a new head unit right now so cant say what that is. I want something that atleast half way matches the dash lights.

And what would you recommend for an intake and muffler setup.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Suspended
Ditch the Volant for a S&B.

The mufflers are fine, these trucks are heavy. You're lifting it, not building a race car. Sure Magnaflows are going to give you some hp but you're never going to notice it and its going to sound a lot worse compared to the Flowmasters. I'm sure long tubes are different but just ask "weazel" about his headers. They actually increased his 0-60 times! LOL!

Honestly, why not just go with a 6" lift? You can get the Procomp Stage 1 easily for $1300. Swap out the spacers for coilovers when funds are good.

I'd go with the 4.56s unless you plan on going with a larger tire. I've got 4.88s with 37s and I love the POWER! POSIs in both differentials isn't the best idea, especially for a truck like this. I'd suggest getting a TrueTrac in both if not only the rear. Make sure you get a Mag-Hytec differential cover too! They make draining and checking the fluid a breeze, lower temperatures since they hold 2 quarts more. Oh and they look sweeet!

Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 AM
why didnt you buy a 5.4 if you were gonna throw so much money at your truck to make it faster?

Old 08-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Lose the Skyjacker 3'' for a Autospring 2.5

Quick Reply: Wanted to know your opinions