2004 - 2008 F-150

What Alarm do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Alarm do you have?

I'm in the market for an alarm now. I wanted to do a ton of mods but because of the recent break-in I have to at least do something that might deter a theif, probably not all but some. I've had an Ungo and Alpine alarm in my other cars. Don't know what alarms are like now. So just trying to get some ideas.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by TNoff
I'm in the market for an alarm now. I wanted to do a ton of mods but because of the recent break-in I have to at least do something that might deter a theif, probably not all but some. I've had an Ungo and Alpine alarm in my other cars. Don't know what alarms are like now. So just trying to get some ideas.
Well, I just installed my Code Alarm CA-550 with remote start that I ordered from KC Autosound.com and let me tell you, it was a breeze. I talked with Travis and he was more than helpful and which model to get. He pre-wired my alarm with the options i wanted and sent me extremely easy to follow instructions with color pictures. The reason i went with Travis was because of all the positive feedback from everyone on this site. Also, Code alarm interfaces with my keypad on my drivers door so that i can arm and disarm from there. The bypass module on the remote start allows you to set up the remote start without having to leave a key in the truck since they are coded. I had some small issues with the alarm but a couple of quick calls to Travis cleared them right up.

Since i try to do all my mods myself i felt i could tackle the alarm install. I couldn't be more happier with the install and the product.

I vote Code Alarm, Pre-wired, From KC AutoSound.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by Sal FX4
Well, I just installed my Code Alarm CA-550 with remote start that I ordered from KC Autosound.com and let me tell you, it was a breeze. I talked with Travis and he was more than helpful and which model to get. He pre-wired my alarm with the options i wanted and sent me extremely easy to follow instructions with color pictures. The reason i went with Travis was because of all the positive feedback from everyone on this site. Also, Code alarm interfaces with my keypad on my drivers door so that i can arm and disarm from there. The bypass module on the remote start allows you to set up the remote start without having to leave a key in the truck since they are coded. I had some small issues with the alarm but a couple of quick calls to Travis cleared them right up.

Since i try to do all my mods myself i felt i could tackle the alarm install. I couldn't be more happier with the install and the product.

I vote Code Alarm, Pre-wired, From KC AutoSound.
Cool sounds like you're satisfied with service and product. Did the alarm come with any sensors? Or are sensors even used anymore? I know if my car was bumped it went off. I can't recall what type of sensor it was.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I have the Compustar 2WFM with autostart that I had installed locally and I'm very happy with it. The bypass module on the remote start on my Compustar is also set up where you do not need to have a key in the ignition to start up. It has a dual shock sensor which has adjustable sensitivity that I can change. The sensitivity ranges from someone just touching my truck to having to really hit my truck with a hammer or break a window to set off the alarm. The dual shock sensor means the first time the truck is disturbed I'll get an indicator (a couple chirps and a visual display of where the truck was hit) on my remote display. The second time it's disturbed (within a short span of time) then the alarm will actually go off. What's good about that is if someone's actually messing with my truck they don't know I've been alerted to their presence when they touch it the first time so it gives me time to get to my truck and catch them hopefully.

Another feature of my alarm is the remote paging system. Say my wife and I are out shopping, but we go our seperate ways to look (her to Bed, Bath and Beyond or Ross and me to Circuit City or Best Buy) she can go to my truck. There's a small area on my windshield that has a sensor on it, she simply taps that and it sends a signal to my remote that someone is waiting for me at my vehicle.

I'm very happy with the Compustar alarm and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:31 AM
I have the Viper 791XV I lilke it and have had no issues with it

Old 08-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by FX4 Matt
I have the Viper 791XV I lilke it and have had no issues with it
I have the same one... it is great.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:43 PM
I want to get an alarm with remote start but all the places (2) that I have went say I would have to have one of my keys cut and put under the steering wheel? Is there another way guys?

Trending Topics

Old 08-04-2007, 12:48 PM
TNC
Have an Audiovox Prestige with remote start, LCD keychain, etc. Love it. Had to make an extra key to hide on the vehicle, so it can be started with the ignition in the off position. Programmable, so I can have it idle as long as 20 minutes, or use a turbo cooldown program if needed. Can program it to alarm for all kinds of conditions. If you live somewhere really cold, it can start the vehicle every two hours to keep it warm enough to start later on. Great in snow country, or for me, when I'm at the river and it's 126 out. Start it from my hotel room ( so far, looks like about 500 yards is the distance limit) and it's cool inside by the time I get to it. Have zero issues with it, except I hate handing it over on the rare occasions we valet park somewhere, in which case I turn on the bypass and just give them the key.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:49 PM
TNC
Originally Posted by inurok
I want to get an alarm with remote start but all the places (2) that I have went say I would have to have one of my keys cut and put under the steering wheel? Is there another way guys?
Probably not. They can put it pretty much anywhere. What's the worry?

Old 08-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by inurok
Yeah go somewhere else where they sell a system that you don't have to do this with. I don't have to have a key anywhere in my truck for my autostart to work. Check and see if the shops will install a system that you buy yourself such as the Code Alarm or Compustar, lots of places won't install unless you buy their system though.

Quick Reply: What Alarm do you have?