2004 - 2008 F-150

i bought the inchannel ventvisors but was wondering if you thought the stick on ones

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sirshan
jpdadeo

Are the brand called "In-Channel"? I like those on your truck...I was thinking of getting some, but some of them have some extended growth towards the front. I like how yours look...there are a lot of vents called "in-channel"...just wondering what the actual brand is. Im looking for the smallest streamline one...I dont like those things sticking out too far. Thanks.

I say the in-channels are better...the stick on one dont look as clean.
AVS In-Channel Ventvisor (part# 194443)

I got them at Advance Discount Auto Parts $48.88. They orderded them, and had them in store that week for pickup

Old 07-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I had known about the in-channel visors.

ehh oh well!

Old 07-31-2007, 11:00 AM
Here are my Weathertech inchannel, much nicer than stick on type IMO...But were kinda a pain to install, I shattered one and cut my hand when installing

Old 07-31-2007, 01:32 PM
I had in-channels on my previous truck. I liked them, but they were a pain to put in and two broke in really cold weather. I installed the stick-ons on my newer one with one problems for two years. One would really have to look hard to find the real differences, but to each his own.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:30 PM
The only thing I didn't like about the Wade in-channels I put on my previous truck ('04 Ram) was the squealing noise the windows made sometimes when they contacted the visor plastic. I also didn't like the way they stretch out the rubber seal, and figured after that first set was in there I would always have to keep a set on the truck, repalcing them later if the broke or fell out because I figured without them the window wouldn't seal right.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:48 PM
What's the best way to remove stick-ons if you want to switch to inchannels? heat gun? pull and hope?

Old 07-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuff4rd
Here are my Weathertech inchannel, much nicer than stick on type IMO...But were kinda a pain to install, I shattered one and cut my hand when installing

They make them for the back reg. cab windows too?
Intersting, I guess it matches though. I never figured someone would think to make them for the backs.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tuff4rd

Truck is georgeous but the weathertechs look out of place with that "LEG" going down the window and they are expensive too but i went with AVS in channel for half the price? did i mention that the truck looks good

Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 PM

So these are so you can roll down your windows while it's raining and wind deflection only? I like the wind going into my cab, unless I have papers from class inside! Do they help with shade at all?

Old 07-31-2007, 09:43 PM
ok ok...honest reason for me...id put them on during the winter and maybe partially in the summer.

Winter Reason for me:

- If youre a smoker, nothing like cracking the windows open and not having all the water drip inside...you can even leave windows cracked for air so it doesnt fog up in the truck.

Summer Reason for me:

- Eh...none. I guess to leave the window cracked so you can get some ventilation/circulation inside. I guess you dont need to have them, but its semi security...maybe no one will notice windows are cracked and wont bug trying to peak inside somehow???? I really dont care for them too much...

Id like to try it out for now...Im just worried its going to look like I got too much accessories going on in the truck. Thats why I want the most lowest profile ones.

Thanks for the info...

Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Josiah
So these are so you can roll down your windows while it's raining and wind deflection only? I like the wind going into my cab, unless I have papers from class inside! Do they help with shade at all?

You still get just as much air going through the cab once you open the window more than 5 inches or so.
If the sun is in the right spot they will block it from your eyes like a pair of sunglasses kind of. Not very often that it will be 'right there' if you know what I mean though.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ian51279
I've had no problems with my stick ons in over 18 months and many car washes. That's all that was available when I bought them. I'd rather have in channel though.

FWIW, I bought a cheap car to drive to work and it also has the stick ons. No telling how long they have been on there, and they're still holding strong.
I too had the stick ons on my old ride way before the in-channels were available. They are the avs ventshades, they have been there for well over 8 years and are still holding strong. I actually tried to pry them off one day when i locked my keys in the truck and it took massive effort to get them to release a bit to stick a hanger in there. After i retrieved the keys i stuck it back in place and it has not affected it.

I used them religuously to vent the inside of my black truck in the south texas heat. I literally never ran the windows all the way up, i would always leave them cracked an inch or so. Also since that hotrod had no ac it was great to have them to vent the truck when it was raining outside.

For the screw if i ever get them again, i think i may do the inchannels though.

Last edited by Fabian06SC; 07-31-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Josiah
Yes, you've got it down. It also helps when its 100+ degrees out and you can crack the windows.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Im sold...Im getting some.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Screw-Me-05
Truck is georgeous but the weathertechs look out of place with that "LEG" going down the window and they are expensive too but i went with AVS in channel for half the price? did i mention that the truck looks good
Thanks, when you say "leg" are you talking about the pillar that divides the door window and the back door glass? I like these because they sit pretty flush to the glass, very low profile.
BTW, I checked out you gallery..your truck is hot

Quick Reply: i bought the inchannel ventvisors but was wondering if you thought the stick on ones