2004 - 2008 F-150

Need advice on this combo. Something a tad different.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice on this combo. Something a tad different.

Ok, here is the plan on the 04 Supercrew lariet my buddy owns and I'd like some advice on this.... He helped me on my truck so I'm going to help him since he's busy at work.

I'm thinking (and now I'm use to heavyduty dodges) that he could squeeze a355/65/18 tire in useing a Fabtech 6 inch lift with the proper wheel backspacing and possible use of a spacer. I've heard you can get them from 1-2.5 inches since some come in 2 pieces(anyone have details on this)... Only thing is CV joint angles so he'd like to keep that to a minimal.

He'll run Moto Metal 951's 18x9 with either 4.5, 4.7, 4.93, and 5.18... 4.93 is with a 1/4 spacer on the 5.18

4.56 gears.

What do you guys think? That tire is about 36.5x14.1.

Trying avoid the use of coil spacers(or too much coil spacer) and body lift. We actually have 3 plans, this is the intermediate one either this or 35's, or fork out for a Rize. BTW; he's not going for the 6 inch with coilovers, just the basic.

Also that tire comes from Nitto and Kumho. Tried to find this but can't... but does anyone know the difference in size? I know Kumho is notorious for being undersized... This might work to his advantage.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:59 PM
have him get the fabtech with coilovers so you can crank them up for an aditional 2" of lift if no more, those tires will probably rub like a bitch with just the 6" kit..... you can also go with a 2" spacer and not the 2.5 my save his CV's a little longer... you sound like you know what your doing but if you want to run those tires you have to have some kind of aditional lift in the front.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure about that tire size with only a 6" lift. If he would crowbar the wallet he could do the Fabtech with the adjustable Coil Overs and clear them. I am pretty sure he will have to do some plastic cutting to make everything happy though.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by bud8817
have him get the fabtech with coilovers so you can crank them up for an aditional 2" of lift if no more, those tires will probably rub like a bitch with just the 6" kit..... you can also go with a 2" spacer and not the 2.5 my save his CV's a little longer... you sound like you know what your doing but if you want to run those tires you have to have some kind of aditional lift in the front.
Ok, I'll mention it to him about the coil overs. But it seems like a spacer would have the same effect

Looks like you have baja claws... those come in 15.5 inches wide correct? What lift are you running? How's it working out?

Thanks

Old 07-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by joe t.
Ok, I'll mention it to him about the coil overs. But it seems like a spacer would have the same effect

Looks like you have baja claws... those come in 15.5 inches wide correct? What lift are you running? How's it working out?

Thanks
ya the coilovers and the spacer will achieve the same objective by getting that extra bit of lift.... but the coilovers are a much nice upgrade over the stock coilovers ride wise and offroad ability...

yea i have the claws they are 36x15.5.... i have a CST 8" lift its a bit more $ then the rize cause it comes with upper control arms. i also added a 1.5" daystar spacer up front.

Quick Reply: Need advice on this combo. Something a tad different.