2004 - 2008 F-150

Ac ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ac ?

My AC on my 04 is not working , the fan is blowing but the compressor is not , the fuse is good. what do I check next ?

Old 06-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hesitate to offer advice due to a couple jerks on this board not agreeing with my experience/training...

You say the compressor is not working? Do you mean the clutch is not engaged when the A/C is set to Max? Have you put a pressure gauge on it while the clutch IS engaged? There is a sensor to protect the compressor from low/high pressure. Gauges are innaccurate if the compressor and clutch arent in synch.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was getting high pressure readings, way too high @ jiffy lube. I took it in after the A/C stopped working. Possible clogged A/C filter? Where are our filters located?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
I was getting high pressure readings, way too high @ jiffy lube. I took it in after the A/C stopped working. Possible clogged A/C filter? Where are our filters located?
It is located in the inlet tube of the evaporator, or in the liquid line, somewhere between the outlet of the condenser and the inlet of the evaporator. This point can be found in a properly functioning system by locating the area between the outlet of the condenser and the inlet of the evaporator that suddenly makes the change from hot to cold.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never touched the A/C lines other than the high and low side vents. Any pictorial explanation available?

Old 06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Graphics Contributor
maybe a freon leak?

just took mine in for that, it's so nice to have AC back and just in time

edit: oops nvm just read the firstp ost and see the compressor part.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
the a/c in my 04 wouldn't work one day(compressor clutch wasn't kicking on), so i took it in and they told me there was no r134 in the system. so they filled it back up and checked for leaks. they told me there was a leak at the high pressure switch, but they didn't want to just replace the switch, they wanted me to pay for the entire hose setup and switch. the hose and swich were like $260, plus the cost of recharging the system.

i told them no, i will just fix it myself...went to the parts department and got the high pressure switch for $20 and had somebody else check for leaks, and wouldn't you know it no more leaks.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the replys guys. and yes I mean the clutch is not engaging . This is to much for me I am sory to say I will take it in next week

[QUOTE=Nates06SCab]
You say the compressor is not working? Do you mean the clutch is not engaged when the A/C is set to Max? QUOTE]

Old 06-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Took My truck to the dealer to fix the A/C,they charged me $80 to tell me what I knew, the fan worked, the fuses are ok, etc. So they said it would be the "EATC" module and would be $1000. But ford from the "kindest of there heart" would pay for 80% of the price that's $200 for me. ( I have no warranty ) So I bring it back to get the new EATC and they call me back and it's a BAD module. so I give them another day to get a new one and they put it in and it works great. The good part is they only charged me $75 for the car wash.

PS... I just took the truck out for a drive and saw the there is NO button for the heated seats.. so back to the dealer.

Last edited by 4 da boat; 06-22-2007 at 12:53 AM.