2004 - 2008 F-150

HID install complete. Comparison pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by remington109
You have to tap into the factory headlight plug for the ground and high/low signal. Other than that, all wiring, relays, and fuses were included.

The install is a piece of cake. Only pain is trying to mount the ballasts. A quick overview of the install goes like this.

1. Remove headlight housings. Remove the 3 10mm bolts and pull forward.
2. Take the new wiring harness from the HID kit and mount the relay box by the battery.
3. Connect the positive and negative to the battery.
4. String the headlight plugs to the appropriate sides. One will be much longer than the other. Coming off each headlight plugs will be a ground. I used existing grounds on the inner fender wells (green screws).
5. Mount the ballasts. I ziptied them to the inner fender well and used that to hold it while I screwed them down.
6. Plug in the connector from the main wiring harness to the ballast.
7. Now here comes the only splicing that will be needed. Locate the 3 prong plug (H4 plug) and your stock headlight plug. You will be splicing these together. I don't remember the colors off hand, but as you're looking at the back of the new plug, connect as follows:
Left wire to black (ground)
Top wire to grn/orange (low)
Right wire to grn/blk (high)

8. Now install the bulbs and finish connecting any existing wires.
9. Reinstall the headlamp housings.
Man I hate to be a pain in the ****, but on step #7 I could really use a picture, I have no idea what plug you are talking about or how to go about finding it, I BOUGHT THE SAME KT AS YOU by the way.

PLEASE POST SOME PICS!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by thebigbc
Man I hate to be a pain in the ****, but on step #7 I could really use a picture, I have no idea what plug you are talking about or how to go about finding it, I BOUGHT THE SAME KT AS YOU by the way.

PLEASE POST SOME PICS!!!
Simple, grab a H4 socket from autozone or pepboys.

Wire it up to your headlight socket wires. Plug it in and your done.
Very easy.....

Old 06-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by etrevino103186
do they make a set that has hid highbeams but that is not ridiculously expensive?

The ones I ordered has high beams. When reading the description there ie some type of built in toggle that moves them up to be high beams. I think remington has them installed and he has directions in this thread.

Old 06-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by remington109
7. Now here comes the only splicing that will be needed. Locate the 3 prong plug (H4 plug) and your stock headlight plug. You will be splicing these together. I don't remember the colors off hand, but as you're looking at the back of the new plug, connect as follows:
Left wire to black (ground)
Top wire to grn/orange (low)
Right wire to grn/blk (high).
Does the h4 plug come with the kit. The seller stated that it comes with everything needed. Also what did you do with the factory bulb sockets. Are they needed in any way

Old 06-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by thenewbreed
Does the h4 plug come with the kit. The seller stated that it comes with everything needed. Also what did you do with the factory bulb sockets. Are they needed in any way
You are gonna have to splice the wires from the 3 prong adaptor that comes with the kit and splice or buy a harness and connect it to one of your bulb sockets. I bought the same kit and I am installing it tomorrow.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by inurok
You are gonna have to splice the wires from the 3 prong adaptor that comes with the kit and splice or buy a harness and connect it to one of your bulb sockets. I bought the same kit and I am installing it tomorrow.
Thanks. I would like to see pics of where you mounted the ballasty and the splicing you did.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I bought the same kit and I am installing it tomorrow.
inurok... how did it go? Any pics? Comments? Thoughts? Dirty jokes? Anything?

Old 06-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
inurok... how did it go? Any pics? Comments? Thoughts? Dirty jokes? Anything?

Install went pretty quick. Both high and low at night is cool. One problem though if I turn on my fog lights the high beams come on? I will have take a look tomorrow to see if I can correct that.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:30 AM
so u had depot lights before ,where they the black ones ?,then u switched to hella black headlights and there was a big difference?,i want black headlights like the harley but don't wantto pay the price so i debating wether depot blacks or hella blacks

Old 06-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by tt64vert
so u had depot lights before ,where they the black ones ?,then u switched to hella black headlights and there was a big difference?,i want black headlights like the harley but don't wantto pay the price so i debating wether depot blacks or hella blacks
Same here, only they don't even make the Hellas for my gen. I really don't like those halo lights all over Ebay, so the Depos are my best bet. BTW, this kit should work with a 97-03 F150 correct?

Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Moderator &

Install went pretty quick. Both high and low at night is cool. One problem though if I turn on my fog lights the high beams come on? I will have take a look tomorrow to see if I can correct that.
Did you manage to isolate this issue? Just curious....

Old 06-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Did you manage to isolate this issue? Just curious....
No still have the same problem. Not like I use my Fogs that much but I dont want to blind people when I do.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Moderator &

No still have the same problem. Not like I use my Fogs that much but I dont want to blind people when I do.
Let me know if you figure it out... Still cautiously approaching this mod.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Let me know if you figure it out... Still cautiously approaching this mod.
RP, Previously I had a HID kit on my F150 that worked very well but was only a low beam setup. When you clicked for high beam the lights just shut off. (I read that if you put a diode in the light socket the lights will stay on then too)

When I heard they made a hi/lo beam HID kit I bought it.
With my old HID kit I never had a problem.

I will keep everyone posted.

Chris

Old 07-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Moderator &

RP, Previously I had a HID kit on my F150 that worked very well but was only a low beam setup. When you clicked for high beam the lights just shut off. (I read that if you put a diode in the light socket the lights will stay on then too)

When I heard they made a hi/lo beam HID kit I bought it.
With my old HID kit I never had a problem.

I will keep everyone posted.

Chris
Thanks, Chris. I look forward to more information from you on this kit. I'm really wanting to pull the trigger but have held off thus far... I want to make sure that the optics are going to work out and that the glare isn't ungodly.

Thanks again!

-RP-

Quick Reply: HID install complete. Comparison pics