2004 - 2008 F-150

Wrecked 2007 FX2

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrecked 2007 FX2

well, i am absoultly terrified to say, but my truck is wrecked...pictures below. But this isnt another type of car accident. Me and my little brother were coming home from a fishing trip, when we see this guy sprint out to the middle of my lane, face my truck with his arms wide open. I swerved to my left hoping to miss him, but he stepped twords my truck when I swerved. A guy has just commited sucicide by walking in front of me. He was a herion addict and His parents just before that was told by the man that he was tired of living and was going to jump out in front of a car. 3 minutes later...this happened. I am trying to deal with this and just remember there is nothing I could do, if not me, it would have been the car behind me. So please be with me, my family and his family and give your best thoughts and wishes. Here are pics of the damage....

more continued

Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 AM

its so sad someone would do this

Last edited by Rockpick; 05-29-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Wow, weird.....

You aren't blaming yourself for this are you?

BTW, last picture is from the impact with the victim's head?

Old 05-15-2007, 11:32 AM
he was killed on impact

Old 05-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Man, that is terrible, can't imagine how you feel. Sorry you had to experience this.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:35 AM

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

All I can say is wow.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Ouch that must have been hard to deal with.
It'll be interesting to see how insurance goes about dealing with this. Doesnt look to be too bad.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:41 AM
i speaking with my insurance now...they are trying to scam me out of filing under uninsured motorist

Old 05-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I hope you and your brother are dealing with this ok. God bless you guys and good luck.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Achap,

Speaking out of experience this happend to me once when i was in highschool. I was driving early one morning to school and i was on the left lane of a two lane street. A tow truck was making a right turn at the traffic signal and a convicted drug dealer (also was high) stepped out thinking the light was red, but he was wrong and met the front end of my Mitsubishi eclipse i had at the time. I slammed into a wall and when i woke i thought i had taken the red light until several witnesses told me i was not at fault. He died on the way to the hospital because of complications with all the drugs he was on. ( so the police report says ) I use to have nightmares because the only thing i remember from hitting him is the whites of his eyes.

Please; the one thing you need to do is remember it was not your fault and there was nothing you can do. The one thing i would suggest from a legal stand point is to get any witness testimonials. But i had to end up paying for all the damage to my own car.

You'll be o.k man

Old 05-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Wow. So sorry to hear that. That's terrible.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Well, insurance is claimed...will be taken care of, not on collision. Truck is at the body shop, and im in a rental (POS 07 Ram) ... everyone keeps telling me not to worry, its not my fault, which i know....but i cant erase the picture out of my mind seeing the crumpled, bent up dead man lying on the pavment....horrible. Or the thud and cracking sound on impact....those are what sticks the most...

Old 05-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Dude

I hate to know you're going through this. I can't imagine. I hope you're taking the jokes that are being posted OK. Hang in there. We will be praying for you as well as this persons family. I can't imagine being so selfish to kill myself especially in this way. I guess he wasn't in his right mind in the first place. Anyway, time heals so just hang in there!

Old 05-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel for you man. I've had two similar incidents.

A friend of mine from H.S. committed Suicide by cop while on Heroin years ago. That's some bad news.
And when I was in Az, a guy on a bike, higher than the Goodyear blimp ran a turn light in front of me. That was the better part of 18 years ago. I still occasionally see that guy flying over the hood of the car.

In your case, the guys parents should have some liability. He was obviously a danger to himself and others. And they apparently knew it and failed to take action.

Best of luck to you. If you need to get in to see a good counselor. If you are the religous type, a trusted Pastor / Priest / Minister type should do the trick, or at least point you in the right direction...

And remember, you didn't do anything wrong, and you tried to avoid harming the guy. He was intent on harming himself, and didn't care if he harmed others in the process.

I feel sorry for this guys parents / family. I would feel certain they wanted to help him, but most likely were pretty powerless in the whole ordeal.

Last edited by dbhost; 05-15-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:21 PM
sucks man, for you and abou the truck

everyone keeps saying hang in there, be tough, it'll be alright and all that good stuff. just live you life one day at a time, spend lots of time with family, friends and loved ones and before you know it you'll be joking about the entire incident

Quick Reply: Wrecked 2007 FX2