2004 - 2008 F-150

Power Window button light?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Window button light?

I just noticed that the light inside the driver's side power window button is faded (Just the down portion, not up). All the buttons have the arrow in bright green, but the one for the driver's side is not bright, like the light is about to go out or something. Is this normal and I just never noticed? If it is not normal, I am assuming I will have to replace the button assembly (All the buttons on the driver's side) to fix the problem, right? Any info would be great? I know it is not a big deal, but it just annoys me, a little would be great.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:17 AM
I had two of my window switches replaced but the lights actually seem to go on and off all the time ( and the window lock switch is set to open) Also had one door lock switch replaced. It just seems that they illuminate when they want to. If anyone has this issue it would be great to know I am not alone.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:17 AM
I have the same problem with the up portion of the drivers window button.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:59 PM
LED window switches burning out? C'mon, Ford.

You're not alone. Within a year after buying my truck I had lights go out as well on the driver's door. The passenger window button is totally out, and the driver window button has UP out. Someone on here showed that they are individual green LED's that light up each portion of each switch. It must be some kind of faulty wiring, because LED's are rated to last a very long time. Perhaps having a single faulty one would be odd but understandable, but for 3 of mine to go out in less than a year makes no sense. And here's something to think about: on very rare occasions, those 3 of mine that are always out, well, once in a great while for short amounts of time, they will come back on! I noticed it a couple times right after I shut my door really hard, then I tried banging my fist around them and it worked once or twice. But it is very intermittent and lately I haven't seen them come on for awhile, maybe they are finally dead. But again, I believe it is a wiring problem shorting them out rather than that 3 LED's are actually burnt out, I just don't buy it.

So no, you're not alone in this.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Drivers window button replaced here!

Old 05-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Mine go on and off all the time. Doesn't bother me though. How expensive is this fix??

Quick Reply: Power Window button light?